Tested stainless bow shackle

landrover598

I'm trying to find a supplier of a stainless bow shackle, ideally tested

Anyone know where i could look ?

I've tried a boaty type place and they had a 20mm stainless bow shackle, not tested/stamped, but only rated for 1200kg :o

Need something that can take the weight of a landy (towing not lifting)

Thanks

Just wondering why you need a stainless one, won't a normal tested one do these are tested/rated at 3.25t or 4.75t swl, green,red or blue pin.

I have green pin 3.25t & 4.75t & red pin 4,75t ones as part of my rally recovery kit.

If you look here :- http://www.seaanchor.com/prices.htm

You will see S/S shackles up to 1 inch, if this is compatible with their 1 inch rode the tensile strength of which is 15200kg the shackle should suffice for your purpose.

Contact them to see if they have a tested strength for their S/S hardware.

I had an 18ft sea anchor capable of holding a boat with 11 tonnes displacement using a 3/4" rode, which also had to cope with the shock load of wave action.

If you look here :- http://www.petersen-stainless.co.uk/NewFiles/shackb.html you will see S/S shackles with a breaking load up to 11000kg using a 19mm pin with a 16mm body and there made in the UK.

John