Paint... again!

Disty

First post, so Hi all!

After my last landy was stolen :( I managed to get hold of a low mileage 300tdi!

The paint is light blue, i've attached a photo- i presume this is Arles blue? (yes, i have checked out these Paint Codes)

My question is, where do I buy this paint from? Is it easier to apply as a spray paint, or will normal paint give me a good finish? I also want to buy white paint to clean the roof up somewhat..

Excuse the pic!

Also, while I'm asking.. how essential is it to change the timing belt on my 300tdi? I've had a bit of experience (lift kit etc.) but am no mechanic..

Cheers!

post-22023-126562674674_thumb.jpg

Hi there,

Regarding the paint, if you have any good motor factors that supply to the bodyshop trade in your area, they will be able to take your paint code and match it for you, in either in a spray can, half ltr,1 ltr,etc etc,

or Halfords may have some in spray cans?

if no joy there, there are a few people (shops) in Ebay that can do it for you, just give them the code (bit over priced though) what with postage.

Paint code will be on the I.D plate (next to trim code etc)

Regarding cam belt, do it! one of the first things i do when getting a new car

I had one go on me, a few years ago even though i was assured it had been done :angry: so i tend to do it now for piece of mind.

They are not that bad to do on the 300, crank shaft bolt can be a bit of a pain!

Whats the mileage on it??

Ian ;)

Thanks guys, I'll get the belt changed asap.. just have to drive it back from Scotland first! eech! Where did you get your kit from?

That link is useful, thanks- any ideas what primer I should be using?

I would go for good "high build" primer, there are quite a few on the market,

Cant go wrong with PPG, Depends on your budget is, same again you can buy it by the ltr or in a spray can.

Have a look in the various LR mags, your local motor factor, most places do cambelt kits, go for a full kit, as they are not much more than buying the belt itself! then you get all the seals, crank pully, gaskets,etc etc ;)