Stop Solenoid.

I changed the stop solenoid on the works 200TDi 90 yesterday.

However, it seems that it is not quite tight enough as is pi$$es diesel everywhere as soon as you start it up.

The old one came of relatively easily, I managed to access it with and adjustable spanner (my 24mm spanner was far to long) and a set of long nose pliers.

The replacement went on fine and I would say it was as tight as the old one, but it leaks. Any one got any tips on how to get access to nip it up? I cant find a 24mm spanner with small enough jaws to get in!

You'll have to grind the spanner outside edges so it will fit on, I must modify my 24mm so it fits well, last time I screwed the solly in as far as possible by hand then used spanner/pliers to nip it up, did you change the 'O' ring seal [new solly should have come with one prefitted]

Yep, ditto that. I bought a spanner, chopped it in half and ground down the edges to make it fit.

Thanks guys, I had the feeling that was the answer. Maybe need to head out tomorrow for a cheap spanner.

I used the adjustable spanner and pliers method too.

I think there may be a problem with the O ring so I will have a look at it.