NTC8477

Ex Member

Anyone seen one of these in person?

Blue/Green/Yellow supposedly 18.18" long, 178 lb/in

I have a friend with a 1993 RR TDI and the book says it has these springs. It does not compute as they are too long for the possible weight of the truck.

I have 18.0 inch 220 lb springs in the back of my rangie. 18.2 in a softer spring would be OK in a lighter truck with extended shocks.

In case people wonder where the information came from... In this case, it was on Four Wheeler's website in the late 90's...

http://web.archive.org/web/19990128161928/www.fourwheeler.com/techline/lrover/database.html

I'm guessing Jim got it out of a workshop manual. Anyone have a '92 to '94 RRC workshop manual?

John,

according to the manual that spring was found on Tdi Range Rovers, Left Hand Drive - Right Hand Front. Right Hand Drive - Left Hand Front, Right Hand Front.

Todd.

Yes. I also see that NTC8476 is shown for LHD as the pair to NTC8477. It is shown as 150 lb/in and 16.5". Obviously one of the specs if wrong. Also the Petrols have 572315 which is 133 lb/in, 15.5".

178 and 18.2 cannot be right. The math just does not work. The difference in weight between petrol and diesel in the front would need to be 1350 pounds!!!!! I'm guessing the NTC8477 is 150 lb/in and 16.2" or something like that.

Come on. Someone must have bought one of these thinking it with a great long soft spring and been Mildly miffed when it was not....

Sorry, from the info available (mostly from your list ;) ) the NRC8277 was just too stiff/long while the NRC8276 while a nice rate was just a tad too short. Used NRC4305s in the end for the rear which have been excellent :i-m_so_happy:

No one one here with an dusty NRC8277 on the shelf they could go measure/photo?

• 2 weeks later...