Help thread. Questions when my 110 is in bits.

• 3 weeks later...

anybody tell me what i need to do to replace this? The inner rear transfer bearing. Its knackered.

Look like the circlip did the damage. The outer bearing seems fine now i;ve flushed it but i might change it anyhow. This (first pic) is the inner rear tranfer bearing. The next pic is the inside of the outer housing. You can see the score marks where the circlip has been spinning.

post-19188-127092863529_thumb.jpg

post-19188-127092880575_thumb.jpg

I've removed the entire trasafer box and unless i can find some help on the inner bearing it looks like its off to Ashcrofts. Can't figure out how the hell i'd get it out.

So failing that.

How do i remove the speedo gear from the trans box as this needs to be retained to fit to the new box. Ashcrofts don't supply them with the recon.

How do i remove the speedo gear from the trans box as this needs to be retained to fit to the new box. Ashcrofts don't supply them with the recon

prise out the large alloy circular housing & twist the speedo gear so it dsengages with the gear inside the transfer box.

thanks western. one i'd got the crud off i could see the lip to prise it out. super easy...TA.

is there a trick to removng the associated dowel bolt?

I've put a nut on it and i've tried a claw hammer and it seems fast. Should i just give it more welly?

Thanks. If i'd read it properly and not been so dumb i'd not have shagged up to stud. Any chance theres a part code?

This ? 571536

its out at least....

Thanks for the help western :) . The trans box is now in a box :ph34r: . I'll call ashcrofts on Monday.

BTW the gearbox sounds fine. Might need a clutch though.

Thanks. If i'd read it properly and not been so dumb i'd not have shagged up to stud. Any chance theres a part code?

its out at least....

Thanks for the help western :) . The trans box is now in a box :ph34r: . I'll call ashcrofts on Monday.

Don't bother, just use a bolt screw with the head cut off.

571536 if you must ... :D

OK so i'm going to fix the trans myself. Its been toasted by the lack of lubrication :( .

Its a good deal cheaper than the recon box and to be honest i don't trust ashcrofts. I'd rather know all the bits that need changing are done than trust on someone telling me they are done. I quized them for ages and no specifics were mentioned. They said they might or might not change bits at their discretion. They said they had trouble with sourcing diffs which is what mine needs, so i'm going to buy one and fit it myself. Trust no one :ph34r:

Its 50% done anyhow affer having an expensive white spirit bath and clean. I've got a recon kit and replaced some bearings. All the seals will be done so it should be as good as any Ashcrofts box. I might yet do all bearings but i'm convinced they are almost new anyhow. Its a good deal cheaper that Ashcrfofts to do it yourself.

Failing that,,, this weekend will be dedicated to rear brakes and bearings.

• 8 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yes that one. It's got two holes for bolts and some adhesive on a wider part. Orientate it so that the bolts pass through and the foam is compressed slightly when the roof sits on it. I don't have a pic and I can't quite remember but it is very obvious when you look at it I'm sure. :o