90/110 sedimentor

cw01

I have ruined the sedimentor on my ex MOD 110. I tried to get the ( snapped, and wing nut broken ) drain plug out using a drill, and the new one wont fit correctly, so I presume i've ruined the threads. any suggestions?, or do I need a whole new sedimentor?, it's the one on the nearside rear chassis leg if that makes a difference.

Chris.

I have ruined the sedimentor on my ex MOD 110. I tried to get the ( snapped, and wing nut broken ) drain plug out using a drill, and the new one wont fit correctly, so I presume i've ruined the threads. any suggestions?, or do I need a whole new sedimentor?, it's the one on the nearside rear chassis leg if that makes a difference.

Chris.

The one I bought was really cheap, I think I paid 6GBP off Ebay or so.

Chris.

All the component parts of Sedimenters and Fuel Filters used to be available from CAV/Lucas, I'm not sure if that's still the case now that they're Delphi :huh:

Land Rover only supply the complete assembly (NRC9708) or service items, such as Seals, 'O' Rings, Washers and the nasty little plastic Drain Plug that snaps :angry:

My tip would be - don't touch that Drain Plug!!!

Instead, undo the long bolt that holds the Sedimenter Bowl to the Head and separate them to clean it out.

Replace the Rubber Seals and 'O' Rings when re-assembling it - they're the same as the ones supplied with Fuel Filters (CAV296 type, or equivalent).

Chris.

Hi

Throw the whole unit in bin, and replace with fuel line.

Or if you replace it do not try undoing the plastic plug in future, undo 11mm bolt from the top centre, and bowl willcome off clean out refit with new seal.

keith

http://www.theyachtshop.co.uk/items/yacht-chandlery/motors~propulsion/fuel-line/delphi-hdf296-diesel-petrol-separator-detail.htm

This seems like a good idea. What do you think? Aledged to be higher performance and you can see whats in there.

sorry should have put this in the other thread i've just seen. :ph34r:

post-19188-126631152236_thumb.jpg

Thanks. they do a ali version but i suppose that removes the benefits. Any advice from any one the overlanders would be welcomed. If this is pointless then i'll stick with the enclosed model or genuine and replace the bleed screw for somethig that doesn't snap off.........