td5 turbo

td5_2004

Pi$$ ant stuff :lol:

If you want to see an intercooler check this 1500 kW Holden road car here. This was built by the person that made my air to water intercooler.

Kin hell

I wouldn't fancy that on a frosty UK morning. :o

the racers one fills the whole void between the rad and the bumper which is about 100mm deep once you have removed the ally front brace.

not quiet as wide as the holdens

and yes it comes down so far that if I land after a jump wrong I could rip the bottom out of it. :(

Kin hell

I wouldn't fancy that on a frosty UK morning. :o

the racers one fills the whole void between the rad and the bumper which is about 100mm deep once you have removed the ally front brace.

not quiet as wide as the holdens

and yes it comes down so far that if I land after a jump wrong I could rip the bottom out of it. :(

What were you looking at on the holden? The radiator!! :D

M48-09.jpg

The intercooler is above the radiator, just in front of the inlet plenum. It is an air to water type and not physically large, but has a huge ice chiller in the boot ;)

Anti-freeze takes care of frosty mornings.

True,but I meant sheer feeling...!

:)

If you haven't run the engine yet my question drops though

:(

P.S.

As usual,should you have any pic of the VGT fitted to the stock 300 I'd like to drool over a bit

^_^

I'll some take some pics today and send them to you. Rangie is pulled apart at moment for trayback conversion and axle swap.

Edit: done.

What were you looking at on the holden? The transmission cooler :D

M48-09.jpg

The intercooler is above the radiator, just in front of the inlet plenum. It is an air to water type and not physically large, but has a huge ice chiller in the boot ;)

Anti-freeze takes care of frosty mornings.

I see they say its pushing a possible 2000 bhp..... I don't doubt it, either!!!!!! Totally bonkers but I love it as it looks pretty standard.

Sorry to keep going off topic.

Looking at that pic again in Wills post, I just realised that I was wrong about the intercooler.

The intercooler is where the radiator would normally be, but higher. It is shaped like a Vee on it's side. The top half of the intercooler slopes back toward the inlet plenum, so the bonnet can close.

The curved radiator is removed in that pic, but is shown in some others on that web page.

I would say the same person built the radiator as well, as he started out building aluminium radiators before becoming involved with intercoolers. He does great work and is very highly regarded. He works 7 day weeks and can't keep up with the demand - I had to wait about 8 months for my intercooler.

BTW Holdens use GM LS1 engines, so I assume that is what is fitted here.

I see they say its pushing a possible 2000 bhp..... I don't doubt it, either!!!!!! Totally bonkers but I love it as it looks pretty standard.

It needs that carring 180 lt of water around in the boot all the time

thats 180 kg of extra weight or two 14st people before the driver even gets in it.

I must be worth it.

It needs that carring 180 lt of water around in the boot all the time

thats 180 kg of extra weight or two 14st people before the driver even gets in it.

I must be worth it.

Or you could look at it as providing extra traction. I think you might need it with 2000 bhp...... :ph34r:

• 2 years later...

hate to bring up an old topic but i would love more info on a vgt turbo if anybodys got any

also the defender wastegate it controlled by vacuum and the disco one is electronic... it you hooked it up like the normal wastegate surely it will work?

Had my 2556v fitted on mine for about 2 1/2 years now and still going strong.

Just building one for Ced's new buggy but with the "next gen" exhaust manifold. As we have more place to fit it we can play a little more :lol:

Lara