What bits are interchangeable between RR classic and Disco 300TDi?

freeagent

I have a cunning plan... to buy an MOT failure classic rangie, break it up and sell of a fair bit, (to get back what i paid for the rangie) and keep any bits that'll work on the Disco 300Tdi..... ;)

what i want to know is...

are the propshafts the same?

will the halfshafts, CV's and any brake components fit..?

anyone done this, is it worth it? just thought it might be for the halfshafts/CV's/propshafts/track rod/drag link/other mechanical bits/etc....

m@tt

I have a cunning plan... to buy an MOT failure classic rangie, break it up and sell of a fair bit, (to get back what i paid for the rangie) and keep any bits that'll work on the Disco 300Tdi..... ;)

what i want to know is...

are the propshafts the same?

will the halfshafts, CV's and any brake components fit..?

anyone done this, is it worth it? just thought it might be for the halfshafts/CV's/propshafts/track rod/drag link/other mechanical bits/etc....

m@tt

The simply answer is "not a lot", your axels are 24 spline and the RR is 10. I think the props will not fit, the body wook will not fit.

Paul

Guest diesel_jim

Depends on the age of the axles, some of the RR classics had 24 spline diffs, so you /might/ be able to use parts.

you could certainly swap the whole diff and halfshafts over should one of your current ones break.

Brake discs, calipers, and maybe axle casings would be the same (although the disco might have the wider radius arm'd casing, you;'d have to measure)

radius arms and trailing arms are the same (unless they're the wider ones on the disco), A frame is the same. shock mounts, shocks, but these are things that don't very often break, so probably not worth the effort.