Good idea!

Hi all,

The problem I had with the pressure switch, nearly giving me a heart attack, has got me thinking!!

I can't remember who suggested it but it sounds like a brilliant idea, to have a pressure gauge fitted instead of the pressure switch indicator!

Does anyone know how & where to get one of these pressure gauges and what would the cost of one be?

Thanks in advance!

ted.

Ted, have a look at my 200Tdi oil pressure & temp senders/gauges here I'm fairly sure the pressure sender will fit but don't know about the temp sender as the oil pump is in a different location to a 200Tdi.

or something like the VDO oil pressure gauge here & you'll need a matching sender for your engine.

We've got an autoguage one in the A4, a bit like this:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AUTOGAUGE-2727SWL-OIL-PRESSURE-GAUGE-BRAND-NEW_W0QQitemZ380177551508QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item5884591094

Comes with a sender, then i used a T-Piece like this:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LMA-Quality-Oil-Gauge-T-piece-M10x1-0-to-1-8NPT_W0QQitemZ350311969845QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item5190387435

to attach the original Audi switch, and the gauge sender to the oil filter housing. Seems to work well enough, and highlighted just how knackered the old engines oil pump was!

Same idea on a landrover, cept you'd need to ensure your t-piece has the correct threads, the A4 uses M10x1, but i doubt the landrover engines will use that.

Also try to get a guage with a 270degree sweep, as its easier to see at a glance where its at.