Good and bad day

Exmoor Beast

Good day:

I made a really tidy job of 'camel cutting' the Discoverys rear arches with a 4" grinder this morning. Adjusted the back door in quick time and bled its brakes in less than 5 minutes as well!

Bad day:

I have lost my digital camera and my GPS :( No idea where, last seen being unloaded from the P38 last weekend. Presumed swiped from outside the house, thoroughly miffed :(

Worse day tomorrow:

Its 10pm and I have not long got in from a swift lunchtime pint...oppss!

Will :)

Worse day tomorrow:

Its 10pm and I have not long got in from a swift lunchtime pint...oppss!

Blimy!! I have just cut the grass at my house, then off to Fix a landy axle seals, then cut my parents front lawn (did the back yesterday, it nearly killed me!!) then back for a pint or 2 which will be about 6pm.

Long "lunch" then!

Well you won't believe this for luck!

After turning the whole house upside down and swearing non stop for days I gave up, assumed the camera and GPS were gone forever and started trawling ebay this morning to price the hundreds of pounds it was going to cost to replace them. This was soon cut short by the need to dash to Ilfracombe on a spot of business but just as we pulled away I noticed the binmen at the end of the street and our wheelie bin in the rear view mirror of the disco....'you don't suppose the camera and GPS are in the bin do you?' says I, 'don't be stupid' says Lucy.

hit the brakes and reverse down the road, tip the wheelie bin over and rip open all the bags and stone me there they were!!!!

Well chuffed :)

So chuffed in fact I went and blew the money I would have spent replacing them on a new laser survey gadget. I just hope Lucy is out when it arrives tomorrow :unsure:

I once fitted a pair of spotlights to the front of the landy but forgot to tighten the lens into one of them.

Unknown to me it fell off on the first corner I went round. I didn't notice it over the usual noises.

I looked in the roadway the next evening having worked out that the fixing was so insecure it must have come off real soon after I started driving.

Was giving up looking when I wondered if some kind soul would have picked up the rubbish in the road.

Sure enough, 3rd bin I looked in!