steering stops adjustment

neil01

hi all,

fitting 7.50/R16's tomorrow on my disco, i know i will have to adjust the steering stops, but i'm sure there is a post on here with a pic of which nut to turn and which way to turn it but i cant find it!! (yes i have tried searching)

sorry for such a mundane post but a link to the topic would be great.

thanks in advance to all the knowledgable ones!! wink.gif

cheers,

Neil.

Just look under your disco. On the hubs you will see a protruding bolt with a lock not it, its at the bottom of the hub as I recall and it just meets the radius arm at full articulation as I recall, its round there anyway. Just lie under and you'll see. To adjust, loosen the locknut and adjust the bolt, you'll find out which way to adjust it when you test it. It's pretty easy.

Lock stops are here - top, left of the picture. You will need a 19mm spanner for the locknut, and a 19mm spanner or socket for the bolt itself.

gallery_2_109_670285.jpg

Slacken the locknut, then undo the bolt to prevent the tyre wall from rubbing on the radius arm on full lock.

If you have both front wheels off the ground, then undo the bolt until the gap between the radius arm and the tyre wall on the opposite side is an inch on full lock (left if you start on the drivers side). Turn the steering to full right lock and do the same on the adjuster on the other side. When you lower the vehicle down, the 1-inch gap will approximately reduce by half - thus giving you adequate clearance.

Les.