tubular shock mount???

Hello, while changing the springs and shocks in the front of my 90 recently i noticed that the shock mounts were getting a bit scabby lookin' . Has anybody got a drawing or sketch of tubular shock mounts as i wouldnt mind making my own. Are the ones you buy made out of pipe or solid bar and what diameter are they. are the mounting holes in the bottom evenly spaced??? if anybody has any ideas please let me know.

cheers Gary

Hello, while changing the springs and shocks in the front of my 90 recently i noticed that the shock mounts were getting a bit scabby lookin' . Has anybody got a drawing or sketch of tubular shock mounts as i wouldnt mind making my own. Are the ones you buy made out of pipe or solid bar and what diameter are they. are the mounting holes in the bottom evenly spaced??? if anybody has any ideas please let me know.

cheers Gary

Thay are made from tube. I have some of these http://www.gwynlewis4x4.co.uk/page19.html coming later this week.

Paul

yeah gary, if the shock mounts are as scabby as your heed, you should change them.

P.S. get a life

:blink:

Oh no, not more aggro :ph34r:

Cracking bit of engineering by the way Nige! I'm always surprised at how professional these home made things look, makes me quite jealous that I am lacking those skills and the workshop space!