door locks!!!

neil01

hi all,

i have a couple of problems with my door locks on my disco 1, hope you can help with some pointers before i start pulling all the door cards off!! biggrin.gif

1) rear o/s passenger door. the door opens from the outsdie but i cannot open from the inside.

2) boot door. the door will not lock. the key will make the plunger go up and down but it doesn't lock the door.

3) central locking/key fob. the fob doesnt lock or open the doors. i have changed the battery and used the spare fob but still doesnt work. it has done in the past. the key will lock and unlock all doors when operated in the drivers door.

thanks in advance.

Neil

the rear door is probably a child lock which is engaged, look at the locking mechinism and for a little lever type thing.

the boot door may be a little spring that is a common fault with discos

Ian

checked the child lock and it wasnt that thanks. took the door card off had a look around and WD40 and that all seems to be working now.

anyone got any tips for the boot door and central locking? ( i havent stripped the boot lock yet).

regards,

Neil.