Thought I should alert you about No Fear Off Road

M&S

The fine is "costs", not a fine as such. Although not specifically aimed at Mr Fear, I read the second paragraph as the real threat against him, should he continue to operate poorly.

The court agreed costs of £975 against him.

Eddie Coventry, Head of Trading Standards, said: “The Enterprise Act gives Trading Standards authorities strong powers to seek court orders against businesses which breach certain consumer protection laws. If a trader fails to comply with a court order he will be in contempt of court and could face imprisonment.”

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I think he's back trading as 'everything Land Rover' , there's an Edward Barrington just advertised breaking a 130 puma 2008 on a Facebook group , when you look in his profile he's got pics of a p38 signwritten 'No Fear 4x4 Breakers'

Seems to much like a coincidence to me , especially with the same first name .

Everything Landrover is listed on 192 and Thomson local as being on the same business park as the companies mentioned in that article from 2013. Going on the companies database Edward Samuel Barrington and Edward Samuel Fear were both born in May 1990:

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/officers/8WeLSMXJJnrB2CGk8VDFF1DbViQ/appointments

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/officers/yk6x7I2yMPgpmmfieUolG7eIDbg/appointments

Edward Barrington is listed as a director for Everthing Landrover Ltd, as a mechanic at Red 4x4 Ltd and a director at Sober ltd - all based at 10 or 12 New Dunn Business Park. Looking at Sober Ltd, you also come across Carl Shackleton, who is listed as a director at 3 other business at 12 New Dunn Business Park:

ASO Box Ltd

SOFEAR Ltd

Ministry 4x4 Ltd

• Like 1

I should point out that when directly asked if he used to be No Fear Off Road that Ed Barrington said 'No'.

So having :-

The same first and middle name.

The same age

A Range Rover that he repaired and the had sign written 'No Fear Off Road Breakers'

A past as a motocross rider.

Friends with 7 of the Fear family

Businesses located at the same address

etc

It is all purely a coincidence.

• 1 month later...

Just to confirm with you all that Edward Barrington is Edward Fear. He was reported with his father Mike Fear to the police back in November and Edward was arrested. It doesn't appear that anything has come of this arrest as Edward is trading again.

Will find out under what names etc. Please share as far and wide as you can to prevent more unlucky people being ripped off by these con-merchants!