Thought I should alert you about No Fear Off Road

M&S

This guy has some sort of a mental condition as far as I'm concerned. This constant short-term thinking, rejection of reality, and no idea of what causality is, means something is missing upstairs. Is he running for some sort of a major political party as well? ^_^

Seeing as it's Newbury tomorrow, it's reminded me of dealing with a trader there once. I picked 4 items from the "Everything is £1" box. I gave him a tenner. He stood their looking confused and flustered. He said "sorry mate I didn't go to school; maths isn't my strong point". His friend came over and told him to give me a fiver and a £1 coin. He wasn't just an assistant hired for the day (he was young), it was his business....

Not everyone who has a business wants to run a business, i.e. building a customer base. They only want to receive money for the objects that they have, which other people badly want. Unfortunately this is a lot of the "dismantle a broken vehicle and sell the bits" industry.

Why do people spend money with companies without taking time to check their reputation?

There are two threads on here at the moment regarding non delivery of parts, in each case 5 minutes with Google would have told anyone to steer clear of the companies concerned.

Is it a case of "bargain" and all sense goes out the window? If it is, then when second hand parts are concerned is it any wonder so many vehicles get stolen?

Oh yes, Newbury, anyone going, count how many Police there are there actively checking parts for security marking, smart water, stolen vins etc. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

This guy has some sort of a mental condition as far as I'm concerned. This constant short-term thinking, rejection of reality, and no idea of what causality is, means something is missing upstairs. Is he running for some sort of a major political party as well? ^_^

Looking at his Facebook page, he's pretty young. The reality is that he probably over inflated what he was offering and didn't have the experience to know how to deal with being confronted by a customer, so lied and deflected his way through (as children do).

The fact he said "Please remove your Facebook comments now" means he doesn't know how having a Facebook page for your business works in the Web 2.0 world.

Why do people spend money with companies without taking time to check their reputation?

There are two threads on here at the moment regarding non delivery of parts, in each case 5 minutes with Google would have told anyone to steer clear of the companies concerned.

Is it a case of "bargain" and all sense goes out the window? If it is, then when second hand parts are concerned is it any wonder so many vehicles get stolen?

Oh yes, Newbury, anyone going, count how many Police there are there actively checking parts for security marking, smart water, stolen vins etc. :rolleyes:

To be fair he had started dealing under a new business name and had changed his surname so it was a bit harder for Stobbie to discover his reputation in case. The linking of the new name to the old business came after Stobbie had purchased.

Looking at his Facebook page, he's pretty young. The reality is that he probably over inflated what he was offering and didn't have the experience to know how to deal with being confronted by a customer, so lied and deflected his way through (as children do).

The fact he said "Please remove your Facebook comments now" means he doesn't know how having a Facebook page for your business works in the Web 2.0 world.

Whilst he is fairly young his father was in the business to, in fact the original business was set up by his father in Edwards name as he had been banned from setting one up in his own. So I'd say he has been taught from an early age.

Does it not just simply come down to being totally and utterly selfish ? As in; they see the world only in terms of themselves and thus what they can get out of it.

It's one of the few things in life that makes me swear.

So, you can put it down to their upbringing or call them tw@ts - the truth is they are probably just tw@ts who had a bad upbringing.

• 2 weeks later...

Been reading these threads on "Ed Barrington". From Company House Tuesday 12th April 2016. the three companies are ACTIVE.

Date of birth

May 1990
EVERYTHING LANDROVER LTD (09681002)
Company status
Active
Correspondence address
Unit 10, New Dunn Business Park, Watkins Ind. Est., Sling, Gloucestershire, England, GL16 8JD
Role
Director
Appointed on
10 July 2015
Nationality
British
Country of residence
United Kingdom
Occupation
Director
SOBER LIMITED (09269415)
Company status
Active
Correspondence address
Unit 12, New Dunn Business Park, Sling, Coleford, Gloucestershire, England, GL16 8JD
Role
Director
Appointed on
1 January 2015
Nationality
British
Country of residence
United Kingdom
Occupation
Company Director
RED 4X4 LIMITED (09790841)
Company status
Active
Correspondence address
Unit 12, New Dunn, Industrial Estate, Coleford, Glos, United Kingdom, GL16 8JD
Role
Director
Appointed on
23 September 2015
Resigned on
19 October 2015
Nationality
British
Country of residence
United Kingdom
Occupation
Mechanic

Carl Shackleton, Director ASO BOX Ltd. Company Number is 9269558. Unit 12 New Dunn Business Park, Sling.
Also, a Director of Sofear Ltd. Company Number 9271833. Unit 12 etc.. Also, a Director of Sober Ltd Company Number 9269425, Unit 12 etc..
Also, a Shareholder of Ministry 4x4 Ltd (6 March 2016). Company Number 09271929. Along with a Director Lewis Andrew Moore and Director Denzil Cooke Unit 12 etc.. Any info or dealings with these guys???

Coleford Police Station, Lords Hill, Forest of Dean, Coleford, GL16 8BQ

01452 753803

Gloucester Consumer Advice, Trading Standards Service, The Tri-Service Centre, Waterwells Drive, Quedgeley, Gloucester GL2 2AX. Tel. 03454 04 05 06

Please be assured that the Citizens Advice Consumer Service will inform Gloucester Trading Standards of any complaint or enquiry which requires further action.

I've bought a LHD Puma bulkhead complete with dash of him a few months ago.

He didn't want to ship it, I should collect so that sounded thrustworthy. So I paid him the money and sent a courier. When the courier arrived the bulkhead wasn't ready. They told the courier that they didn't understand why I sent my own courier while they had offered to ship it to me.. He should come back the next day. Next day the courier arrives but they said the bulkhead was somewhere in the back now and the couldn't reach it and he had to wait. AFter an hour my courier left. A week later he went to collect the bulkhead again and it was ready, all wrapped up in black plastic.

Ofcourse I had to pay my courier three times now..

When the bulkhead arrived here in Holland I found out there was only a bulkhead, and the outer shell of the dash, but all important parts, the parts that we bought the bulkhead for were missing. All smaller plastic bit missing, no heater, no airco, no clocks, nothing.

After complaining to Edward Barrington he offered to send me the missing parts. After asking for them every day for a few weeks he said they were collected and on there way to me. Ofcourse nothing had arrived. So I started contacting him again. I have asked him everyday for a tracking number for weeks and everyday he said he had forgotten about it and he would send it to me the next day from work. After another two weeks he said the parts would be collected that week and he would send it with express delivery. After asking for a tracking number he said that on this economy delivery there was no tracking possible. Ofcourse I never expected the missing parts to arrive, but I will take all possible measures to make him sorry..

Stobbie I sent you a PM regarding Edward.