Design challenge for you.

and the frame is not removable? hence the problem is now clear. dunno then. :unsure:

from what I could see it's an aluminium 1" box section tube that's sewn into the tent, could be done but the frame I think is the main problem

you wouldnt get it back! :)

Problem is some of the tracks we drive are too twisty for a trailer.

Anyway i have had a word with the Lovely Anton at

WWW. OEC4x4.com( not spamming i hope?)

and he and the boys in the design shop are going to put their heads together for me!!!!!

something on the lines of Minivins idea.

Thanks to all of you for all your help.

Mandy.

Thanks Diff for your advice but as Minivin said we have one sat in the back which is centre mounted behind the 2 front seats and daughter is on it.and stuff on the cubby box.

Will the canvas hoops take the weight?if the tent is put on them?

Mandy.

Yes, the hoops will easily cope with that weight, on and off road, providing you strap it down properly to minimise movement in all directions. It will take a little experimenting on which points work best to strap it to. Once you have worked out a system, you just do the same each time you load it up. The thing to watch out for are rubbing/chafing from ropes or the tent on the canvas. You may need some thing to go under the ropes/straps in places to avoid this. No problem with putting it in the centre on top as the hoops are curved. Likewise, towards the edge won't make any significant difference with regard to uneven loading. To minimise any movement/sliding of the tent on the canvas, put a piece of foam or foam rubber between the tent and the canvas.

Regards,

Diff

you wouldnt get it back! :)

Problem is some of the tracks we drive are too twisty for a trailer.

Anyway i have had a word with the Lovely Anton at

WWW. OEC4x4.com( not spamming i hope?)

and he and the boys in the design shop are going to put their heads together for me!!!!!

something on the lines of Minivins idea.

Thanks to all of you for all your help.

Mandy.

I'll have 10% royalties thanks!