MILEOMETER

My 90 has just turned the 100,000 and now the numbers have stuck this does not really bother me but I like to keep an eye on the milage to keep up with servicing does anyone have an idea how to fix the numbers so the mileage works again

if you prise the rim off the speedo & unbolt the workings from the case, you can clean/lightly lube the numbers barrels, but the outer rim isn't easy to remove, loks tampered with when refitted, might be a good time to swap to the Td5 electronic speedo & have it set to your 90's current mileage to start from. all the info to change speedo is in the 'wibbly wobbly speedo' thread.

my old vauxhall did that, I just beat the dash repeatedly while doing 60mph and it freed up :D

A friends 110 200tdi did exactly the same as it passed 200,000 miles. The needle still shows the correct speed of travel but the numbers have stopped revolving. Wondered if it was still legal in this state?

Mark