Imber

GBMUD

ROADS THROUGH IMBER RANGES (AND IMBER VILLAGE)

EASTER 2010

Due to the high density of pre-operational deployment taking place on the Plain over the

Easter period, the roads through Imber Ranges (and Imber Village) will NOT be open to the

public.

Hi

Why do you want to go to Imber?

From a 4x4 view, there are no closed Byways, its all tarmac road.

From a historic view, the old village is gone, only the church left, and that's fenced off.

OK scenic drive over the plain but you have that all year round on other roads or Byways.

Whats the attraction, really am I missing something.

John

Hi

From a historic view, the old village is gone, only the church left, and that's fenced off.

OK scenic drive over the plain but you have that all year round on other roads or Byways.

John

Went for a fantastic drive out on salisbury plain with the series 1 club a while back and stopped by at imber and westbury white horse. Had a great day even though we only did 1 or 2 byways. Sometimes its not about going out and getting muddy or breaking things, its about meeting new people and friends. Theres a decent size carpark at imber good for a group photoshoot and alright maybe its only the church thats really left but its still history.

Hi

John

My son likes seeing the tank wrecks on the Warminster side of Imber and I ofter criss cross there on the moutain bike when it's open linking in other, more interesting bits of the Plain & surrounding areas.