too much oil

ive put too much oil in it seems, ive done a run of 1000 miles last week and the engine was pushin out some white smoke.

i dipped the oil and it said low so i put in 2.5 litres and now its over the danger level.

2morrow im gonna drive back again and wondered if i needed to let some out from the sump ?

which i wanna avoid or will this dammage the 200tdi engine? :unsure:

thanx in advance

ive put too much oil in it seems, ive done a run of 1000 miles last week and the engine was pushin out some white smoke.

i dipped the oil and it said low so i put in 2.5 litres and now its over the danger level.

2morrow im gonna drive back again and wondered if i needed to let some out from the sump ?

which i wanna avoid or will this dammage the 200tdi engine? unsure.gif

thanx in advance

I would drain some, you can cause all sorts of problems overfilling an engine including hydrolic lock and killing the engine or just exposing a weak seal and blowing it leading to a smokey engine that will then run dry and do the same... don't aske me how I know.....

Jason.

On this note could someone measure how much dipstick tube protrudes upwards from the case? When I went to check mine I found that the tube had slid down and into the sump so I want to make sure it is at the correct length, should probably remove and solder/epoxy it in place properly.