Engine Warning Light

Ian Warr

Hi All,

As an newbie to this site and Land Rover in general, I wondered if anyone could help me out?

In January I purchased a L322 Range Rover 4.2 SC, MY2005. It's a truely wonderful vehicle and I find my self being impressed with it on a daily basis.

My problem is this:

Last Sunday, the engine warning light came on, and has remained on since. I have checked what I can (oil levels, water levels etc...) but can't find anything a miss.

The engine sounds fine (no weird knocks, rattles or squeaks) and the power delivery is normal, but the light persists. I have it booked in at my local LR dealer this Friday for a diag. session, however I wondered if anyone could shed any light on this issue?

One other point worth noting, is that the 'Low Coolant Level' warning appears on the info. centre. I have read somewhere that this was an issue with the sensor / float, not anything worse and LR knew about the problem and would replace under warranty- is this the case?? (the coolant level is fine, I have checked it on a number of occasions)

Thanks in advance for your helpsmile.gif

Ian

• 4 weeks later...