Tie Rod ball joint thread size and count needed

OTTO1976

Hello..Does anyone know the thread size and count of the ball joints for the tie rod and drag link? I think the size is 5/8 but not sure of the thread count. I am ordering threaded weld in bungs for custom links and need the sizes. The drag link and tie rod uses the same joints correct? If not need those sizes as well. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Cheers.

Thanks for the feeble attempt at help. But I guess you don't understand how thread count works...if you had stuck it over a ruler and then took the photo it would have worked. If I had one on hand I would just count it myself, but I am on vacation and not at the shop. Can anyone else help?

If you would have clicked the link I gave you in my previous post, you would have found out the thread size and the threads per inch count.

The pic is for finding out how long the threaded part is (by counting the threads and knowing the tpi), I thought might be useful.

Hopefully someone else will come along, click the link above and copy/paste the info for you, 'cause I didn't ever understand how do it either :P

If you would have clicked the link I gave you in my previous post, you would have found out the thread size and the threads per inch count.

The pic is for finding out how long the threaded part is (by counting the threads and knowing the tpi), I thought might be useful.

Hopefully someone else will come along, click the link above and copy/paste the info for you, 'cause I didn't ever understand how do it either :P

Et Voila!

Posted 29 November 2007 - 07:38 PM (By Phil Hancock)

The thread is listed as a metric thread of non-sensical sizes. It is actually 11/16" x 16UNS.

HTH

PS - I thought cipx was quite restrained........................ :D

Thanks for the feeble attempt at help. Can anyone else help?

I would suggest that using that sort of short tone, especially when somebody is genuinely trying to help you, will mean that you'll never get another positive response again on this forum OTTO1976.

Could I tactfully suggest that you modify your attitude towards fellow posters before requesting anything again..........ever?

I would suggest that using that sort of short tone, especially when somebody is genuinely trying to help you, will mean that you'll never get another positive response again on this forum OTTO1976.

Could I tactfully suggest that you modify your attitude towards fellow posters before requesting anything again..........ever?

that too was a very restrained posting, calling someone feeble in their attempt to help just smacks of someone who thinks they are too good to listen to little folk who are beneath them, NOT the sort of attitude that is expected here. we are all out to help each other and anyone that thinks they are too good for us should look elsewhere.

and if you are on vacation shouldn't you be sunning yourself at the beach or something instead of ordering stuff over the internet?

I wasnt trying to be an arse. No where did it say to click on anything. Anyone at first glance sees that it looks like he was being a smart arse and wanting me to count "all" the threads on the pic. Sorry, thats the way I took it. I do apologize. I mean, if it was as easy as just typing..."The tread count is, 16 threads per inch" or whatever, I thought that was what should happen. Not getting links to other pages. Again, sorry to offend.