No oil cooler

series3100

Hi, Im about to put the turbo back on the 200(T)di but dont have the oil cooler parts yet. Will there be any harm in running it without the oil cooler for a while or will the turbo instantly cook the oil? It's not like It'll be going distances, just 2 mile test drives at the moment really.

Cheers, Brian

In 2 miles I don`t think that even the engine will get warm. Let see what will the experts say...

That's kind of my thinking... I just don't want to go frazzling my endine but don't want to be worrying for no reason also!

Cheers, Brian

I have a friend who does thousands of miles with a tweaked up 200Tdi on a Series rad and no oil cooler. His does get too warm on long hard use but in a few miles it could probably run without the rad! Don't worry about it. There is a lot of metal and oil to get warm before the cooler does anything anyway.

Long term having the oil cooler is a sensible and worthwhile move.

I have a friend who does thousands of miles with a tweaked up 200Tdi on a Series rad and no oil cooler. His does get too warm on long hard use but in a few miles it could probably run without the rad! Don't worry about it. There is a lot of metal and oil to get warm before the cooler does anything anyway.

Long term having the oil cooler is a sensible and worthwhile move.

That defiantly concludes that then! Turbo here i come! :D

Cheers, Brian