Land Rover import/export

Sticky Sam

Might also be worth giving these guys a call. Global Land rovers

The age might be a factor though. I recall that the emission requirements were quite stringent when I looked at bringing my 1987 LR90 over.

I think vehicles over 25 years old have an easier time of it.

They have lots of info and prices (RORO) vary from GBP 960 (east coast) to GBP1500 (west coast). They also say "As a guide a 40' container from Southeast UK to Baltimore USA would be approx £2550.00 inclusive of USA dock fees. "

Cheers

Aaron

To import a vehicle in to the USA and register it on the road it must be at least 25 years old or more, I belive it is possible to register newer vehicles as agricultural with limited use but have no experience of this. Some 90s and 110s are registered as older series vehicles. Others are simply "looking after" the vehicle for a non US citizen. I am not advocating any of this just telling you how others have done it. The EPA and US Customs are getting pretty hot on dodgy dealings.

We shipped a UK registered 90 TD5 from Southampton to California as a temporary import, here is some information on shipping your vehicle or trips in general to the USA. We decided to go RoRo as it was much cheaper but the vehicle must be empty other than spare wheel, jack etc. No personal gear.

Wallenius Wilhelmsen Test Lane Southampton call Tony Wite 02380715223 to book your vehicle RoRo from Southampton to Port Huename, Ventura. Just above LA. California. We paid about £1100 outward trip, East Coast is cheaper.

You will need to contact US Customs and the Enviromental Protection Agency beforehand. you must have a letter from the EPA allowing you a temporary import. You can have it in the US for up to one year but it must leave the country when you do. (we had originally hoped to store it and return.

To book your passage back in the UK it's cheaper the USA end. We used Ted Rausch co Phone 5624358231 Fax 5624377585 ask for Amando or Tanya.

Port Hueneme California is the best for Nevada , Arizona , Utah.

We flew in to Las vegas and got a one way hire to Oxnard Airport, stay at the Country Inn , Happy Hour and

Pool , but book well in advance as used by Military Officers Phone 8059865353 . From here it is a 5 minute walk to the Customs , Agent and Docks.

Only one Customs Officer so phone in advance for appointment to clear your vehicle . 8054888574 You will also need the agent to have Agriculture Dept. Clear for dirt (very strict )Arrange Steam cleaning with UK agent at Docks before shipping. It took me half an hour to clear customs and be on my way.

Return shipping can only go from Long Beach nr Queen Mary.

I hope you can sort something out, all the best.

Kev

If it is less than 25 years old don't even bother, really. Either sell it or if you don't mind waiting, import it into Canada (15yr limit) and wait for it to hit 25 to import into the USA. There's just no other legal way around it. If you don't mind spending about 6000GBP doing it drop me an email as I do have a legal solution but it's a pain.