window / wind deflectors...

myzeneye

hi guys...

has anyone else fitted some wind deflectors to their windows?

before i get an ear bashing, i realise not everyone likes them...each to their own i guess....though id give them a go and see how they look...

i ordered some "heko" ones from j&j automotive, off ebay, which came today... however...in the fitting guide it shows metal clips being inserted into the window seal channel, and shows two clips per window... i only receieved 4 clips ?

the main set of instructions dont mention the metal clips at all, but an additions small pictorial instruction in the pack with the metal clips shows two clips per window being installed....???

if any one else has bought these or fitted them can you tell me weather im supposed to use the clips or not???

ive contacted the suppliers but they are german and their web site mostly written in german too? hahaha

it appears that the plastic deflector has to be bent into the window which will obviously hold it in but it also says to leave the window wound up/closed for one hour after fitting to aid installation....

perhaps i just needs the clips on the back ones as the would slide/drop down cos there just straight but the front one comes down to near the side veiw mirror and i guess this may aid fitting/hold....

who knows? hahaha

if you can offer any advise, thanks...

I've fitted the Heko ones to my 5 door.

Is there not some double sided strips of tape as well in the box ?

Anyway I fitted the two stainless clips per side on the front but I think I also got two per side for the rear too. The clips are just to ensure that the glass doesn't come into contact with the deflector when it is lifted. I seem to remember double sided tape is also attached to the outside surface of the deflector which adheres to the internal face of the rubber window trim, hence the insrtructions to keep the window closed to help the adhesive to take.

Your correct about the front ones having to be " twisted " into position but it's quite straightforward and they wont snap.the rear ones will have a slight notch out of them and this should be placed at the rear of the door .

They do work and also look factory .

HTH's

Don

I've fitted the Heko ones to my 5 door.

Is there not some double sided strips of tape as well in the box ?

Anyway I fitted the two stainless clips per side on the front but I think I also got two per side for the rear too. The clips are just to ensure that the glass doesn't come into contact with the deflector when it is lifted. I seem to remember double sided tape is also attached to the outside surface of the deflector which adheres to the internal face of the rubber window trim, hence the insrtructions to keep the window closed to help the adhesive to take.

Your correct about the front ones having to be " twisted " into position but it's quite straightforward and they wont snap.the rear ones will have a slight notch out of them and this should be placed at the rear of the door .

They do work and also look factory .

HTH's

Don

+1 ;)

http://upmyphoto.com/img/image.php?image=frh_420105_images_7032_191826_loc.jpg"

just fitted them...didnt take long at all...5 mins tops...supplier said fronts dont need clips just the rears...

no sticky tape in box just a couple of 1" strips per deflector....not much at all really...

they seem a little slack, almost right but not super stuck/wedged....will leave windows up all night to aid bonding...

they do make a slight scratching sound though as the window goes up and down.... will give them all a real good clean to morrow and hope this sorts it...would be a shame if the noise was something that i had to live with cos they do look factory fitted really...pretty good for the money to be fair.. :)

if they aint stuck proper to morrow, ill remove them and get some seriously decent double sided sticky tape and clean the seals/rubbers more too.. dont wanna add any oils to them tho as i normally would for somthing like this.. :rolleyes: or the tape deffo wont stick!