Propshaft Tool

A good quality offset ring spanner works just as well. (Good quality so the wall thickness on the ring isn't too thick.) The trouble with the special tool is that it is a 'once in a blue moon' job and often not planned ahead so the alternative is that you buy the special tool on a 'just in case' basis and lose or lend it before it gets used.

I vote yes as well what I see if there is any issue/repairs where wipping off the propshaft makes it easier with the tool no an issue, can I suggest you also buy a vehicle lift as this really makes taking off the propshafts really easy :D :D :D

The trouble with the special tool is that it is a 'once in a blue moon' job and often not planned ahead so the alternative is that you buy the special tool on a 'just in case' basis and lose or lend it before it gets used.

I think that is the point - if its a 'once in a blue moon' job for you, then just use spanners its not that much hassle, but if you use your car hard like I do, or work on a few of them then it is worth while. That said I use a modded 9/16" 3/8" socket and a wobble bar.

I probably have the propshafts on and off on average three or four times per year on the racer, notwithstanding working on the tow vehicle.

Personally, I think it is worth every penny - I've had my 1/2" drive version for about 8 years, and I have long since forgotten how much it cost, and am just pleased by the quality and ease of use when I do use it.

1/2" Drive can be stuck on a rattle gun, so that gets my vote.

Also worth mentioning that the propshaft tool and a rattle gun makes very quick work of taking a diff out of an axle...

i have a 1/2" one from Difflock and wouldnt be without it. with a windy gun or battery impact gun plus a 9/16th spanner it takes literally seconds to take the bolts out using it and haveing one wheel jacked up off the ground.