Electric windows/centre console

davie1

Hi,

none of the windows are working, same with the mirrors, centre console panel is dead. Cannot find a blowen fuse, checked under the bonnet and drivers seat (just got the car and have no handbook yet) but am getting 6v at the plug. Has anybody had this problem, some advise would be invaluble.

Thanks guys

Davie

Hi,

none of the windows are working, same with the mirrors, centre console panel is dead. Cannot find a blowen fuse, checked under the bonnet and drivers seat (just got the car and have no handbook yet) but am getting 6v at the plug. Has anybody had this problem, some advise would be invaluble.

Thanks guys

Davie

Be good for all if we could be taken into your confidence and you disclose the model:-)

The 1980 that I had only had a couple of fuses, these were under the bonnet and mounted on the firewall near the window washer container.

The 1993 I have presently has a bank of fuses behind a panel almost in front of the passenger's right knee.

I have never had a problem with these switches (Probably will now :( )so can't assist any further.

Good luck hope this helps.

Fuse 1 (in the BECM under the seat) appears to supply power to the centre console, but if this was blown you should get an error message saying so.

I recall that someone did open up the 'ECU' that is the centre console switch unit to find an obviously burnt component, which I think he replaced, but that episode was some years ago.

Look for evidence of spilt drinks, or rain ingress through a sunroof left open.

A search in the 38A Forum on Rangerovers.net might give some other ideas, but if you do search, remember they spell 'centre' incorrectly :-)

If you wish to have more detail on the electrical circuits you need to download the RAVE CD for the 38A.

This contains Electrical and Workshop Manuals, and the Owners Handbook.

You need some computer knowledge to convert the downloaded Image file to something that works on your PC, but you can probably get that locally.

Read this thread http://forums.lr4x4.com/index.php?showtopic=4804 go to post 13 and take CD2.

If the link doesn't work, Google for Green Oval downloads and proceed from there.

HTH

Thanks David,

will browse through that info tonight, my mate is going to take the panel to a garage he knows to try it on another vehicle to see if the panel is at fault, suspect that it is as nothing on it works even the light. Can't see any obvious damage to the panel but we will see. If it is I will see if I can pick one up from a breakers as I would imagine it would cost a fortune. The only other thing is the warning text on the dash tells that each window & the sunroof is not set whatever that maens.

Cheers

Davie

.... The only other thing is the warning text on the dash tells that each window & the sunroof is not set whatever that means.

It means the 'one touch' operation isn't effective, where a sub half second push of the button sends the windows fully open or fully closed. Useful when approching and leaving pay booths at car parks and tunnels / bridges, etc. 'Setting' is covered in the Owners Handbook. It's not critical, just noisy, and there is nothing you can do until the window and sunroof controls are working.

Ok went onto my other forum as I have a Pajero aswell, couple of guys have P38s and they told me that the centre control panel is a common fault and are pretty confidant that its the problem so will try and get one from the uk breakers site after my mate has tried it on his first just to confirm before spending money. I hope it is as it would be a nice quick fix.

Thanks from

Davie