Can I split a Split Charge?

As you all know by now I am mid build on an overland trailer (see tools and fabricaton) , the body is well on its way to getting done, now turned my attention to the inside I was going to add a small gas oven however have just obtained a 12v microwave these are very "juice hungry" and need to be directly wired into the battery.

I already have a split charger and this will connect to a 110a leisure battery in the trailer I also plan to add a 240 volt system which will also charge the battery.

So my question is this, can I add a second 110a battery to run the microwave and put a split charge unit from the first leisure battery? I would like that to be fully charged as my fridges will run off that before I it toped the Microwave battery up, and would get around the problem of charging from the 240v supply.

I can't see any problems with this but is there something I have missed or a better way of doing it?

Jason.

It wont be particularly easy to only start filling the microwave battery only once the other one is full. Generally split charge systems will connect the batteries to the alternator once the alternator is producing output, as they just watch for the supply voltage rising above 13.8v...