Hub oil seal removal

Hi guys. I have taken the front hub off today to fix a leaky seal, bit of a nightmare mind. anyway when I took the caliper off, brake fluid started coming out. Is this normal or do I need to rebuild the caliper? I'm not so sure now that the hub was leaking as it could have been brake fluid.

When i prised the caliper apart in to 2 pieces

Ah, not the best or easiest way to remove a caliper, you'll need the small O ring seals to rejoin it before refit.

better to slacken the top swivel pin bolts or take them out 1 at a time, get the flexi hose bracket out of the way & remove the 2 bolts that hold the caliper to the swivel housing, then tie it up with a ty-wrap or string.

Ah, not the best or easiest way to remove a caliper, you'll need the small O ring seals to rejoin it before refit.

better to slacken the top swivel pin bolts or take them out 1 at a time, get the flexi hose bracket out of the way & remove the 2 bolts that hold the caliper to the swivel housing, then tie it up with a ty-wrap or string.

would it be best to buy a new caliper?

would it be best to buy a new caliper?

get 8 of these Seal fluid channel 17H8764L [4 for each caliper] you can replace the seals & rejoin the caliper halfs & refit.no need to buy a complete new caliper.

if the piston seals are leaking they can be changed too AEU2539 you'd need 2 of those to reseal both sets of pistons.

get 8 of these Seal fluid channel 17H8764L [4 for each caliper] you can replace the seals & rejoin the caliper halfs & refit.no need to buy a complete new caliper.

if the piston seals are leaking they can be changed too AEU2539 you'd need 2 of those to reseal both sets of pistons.

where do I get those things from? And if I fit that stuff will it just be a case of refitting the caliper or would I need a caliper rebuild kit too or is what you are telling me to get the same as a rebuild kit?

Thanks