1986 Range rover Vogue

S2A109RAG

Im looking for some advice on the Range rover vogue. i wish to add one to my collection of land rovers but i have never owned one before. i have the opportunity to purchase one at what i think is a good price. the vehicle has done 200.000KM and is currently having a gearbox re-build and all of the bearings in the transfer case replaced.

it has a fuel injected V8 and runs nicely with no miss. im keen on it also because it has a 5Spd transmition.

Any advice would be much epreciated.

Im looking for some advice on the Range rover vogue. i wish to add one to my collection of land rovers but i have never owned one before. i have the opportunity to purchase one at what i think is a good price. the vehicle has done 200.000KM and is currently having a gearbox re-build and all of the bearings in the transfer case replaced.

it has a fuel injected V8 and runs nicely with no miss. im keen on it also because it has a 5Spd transmition.

I don't know what effect your climate has on cars in general but here in the UK corrosion is these vehicles biggest enemy. Despite their inflated price of around £22k (for a Vogue auto in 1986) Range Rovers suffered from the traditional Land Rover malady of poor build quality & inadequate rust protection. The main chassis fares better than the series/defender range but outriggers need examination. Bulkheads, inner wings, both inner (structual)& outer sills, top & bottom tailgates, front floor pans, A & B posts bottoms, boot floor, the list goes on & on! The paintwork is usually very good so don't be fooled by a shiny body & clean interior, it's what you can't see that counts. Good luck!