ICELAND

Nice pictures Bruce Nice pictures. I went out there 2 years ago on a college trip and the scenery is amazing. I can't remember the name of half of the places we went to. However i recognised Skõgfoss waterfall as got very wet standing at the bottom of it in the spray. We were staying in the hotel around the corner from it.

Saw many waterfalls, some glaciers, and gysers which were cool. Would like to go back sometime and definately by land rover next time, maybe in a few years when i have finished being a student.

Just out of interest how much is the ferry to get out there?

Diesel seemed to be half the price of petrol when i was out there, so diesels are definately a winner out there.

Jon

Taxation rules on diesel in Iceland were changed in 2005 so it now it works out about the same price as UK.

Smyril Line Ferry price can be up to £1300/£1500 including Aberdeen to Shetland leg depending when you go.

Kev

I'd love to go! Unfortunatly, I dont think my limited finances will wear it this year!

Iceland is the one place in the world I'd most like to visit (becides the IOW you understand ;) )

Si

Is it easy to ship the vehicle out there ahead then fly out and pick it up?

We are very keen to have a trip up there but the prospect of two small kids on long sea crossings fills me with dread!

Anyone done it that way?

Will :)

Guys,

Came across this site whilst looking at my web stats and realised there are other people who take their Land Rovers to Iceland. I'm part of the Armed Forces Rally Team and visit Iceland every year to take part in Rally Reykjavik in our Defenders (Military Spec WOLF) which is the most brutal event we compete in. It's very harsh on the vehicles but, barring accidents, they always finish the very demanding but stunning Special Stages.

The countryside and views are fantastic unlike anything I've ever seen anywhere in the world and the Icelanders are some of the most friendly and helpful people I've ever met. The cost of living is a bit exspensive but the cost of flying there is very reasonable, circa £240 return from Heathrow (economy of course).

Armed Forces Rally Team

Rally Reykjavik

Is it easy to ship the vehicle out there ahead then fly out and pick it up?

We are very keen to have a trip up there but the prospect of two small kids on long sea crossings fills me with dread!

Anyone done it that way?

Hi Will the only prob with that it costs! we did it with 2 kids one 7 and one 5 there were yonger kids on the boat. don't let the boat trip put you off there is loads for them to do wile you get p**ed at the bar and sample the food, pufin taste like pilchard the fish not bob the builder's cat :lol:

I thought it might cost more :)

Ours are 5 and 6 at the moment and they don't much care for confinement!

We are argueing about destination for the hols at the moment, either going south to Portugal/Spain or North to Sweden to drop stuff off for my uncle at his boat near stockholm and then Finland/Latvia to visit a mate. Or maybe just maybe Iceland.

Or it might all go to pot next week if we clinch a deal on some new business premises :(

I REALY want to go to Iceland... ive wanted to go since i was a kid..... :)

bloody typical... with getting married next may, and the 'other half' wanting to go to the Galapagos islands for our honeymoon i cant see Iceland happening..... :(

if only it was the year after.... :rolleyes::(

I REALY want to go to Iceland... ive wanted to go since i was a kid..... :)

bloody typical... with getting married next may, and the 'other half' wanting to go to the Galapagos islands for our honeymoon i cant see Iceland happening..... :(

if only it was the year after.... :rolleyes::(

just tell that you can have an even better time in iceland 24 hours of daylight. sitting in a natural hot spring with snow top moutins in the back round at 2 in the morning there's no body about B) a cold beer what more would you want.