heated windscreen change

cooney?

hi everyone i'm thinking about putting a heated windscreen in my disco 1 300tdi dose anyone tell me what involed also how hard is it to take out a windscreen. I've found a headted screen at a breakers and thinking about gettting it, plus it must have all the bits with it :D

very difficult to remove a 300tdi screen without breaking it unless you can gently peel the trims out without distorting them, then you'd need to use cheesewire to saw through the bond all the way round without going through the terminal wires at the bottom. you can sometimes get the cheesewire to feed underneath the trims but you need to have a long peice to make sure it doesn't bite into them, also the side trims should have some double sided tape to stick the outer edge to the pillar, run a stanley knife down between the pillar and trim first to loosen that. if you do manage to remove the trims and get some cheesewire going by poking it through the glue don't forget there are 2 studs beneath the bottom edge of the screen that cheesewire will catch on so feed it over them, if you do manage to get this out in 1 peice don't forget the associated wiring too. make sure you use proper screen adhesive such as sikaflex to refit, DON'T use silicone as it will leak and/or fall out.i do this for a living and have masses of experience but still struggle with these. good luck.

the alternative if you have windscreen cover is to ring a windscreen firm, tell them it has a heated one in it, make sure you are there when they turn up or they may take it away and bring a non heated they bring a heated one, bill your insurance and you just wire it up. jobs a good un :D

did you get my reply to your pm cooney? i have a leak on the body seams underneath the screen on mine so i will have to remove and refit mine this weekend to get at the seams to cure the leak so you won't be alone in this difficult task.