Newbury 4X4 and Vintage spares. 11th April

jericho

I'll be there!! Probably in the 90 as I'm looking for a new diff and I dont think the 206 would take to kindly to an oily lump...

Few other bits and bobs I need.

How far is the car park from the traders?

I'll be in my Flying Spanners hoodie, and shorts (no matter what the weather, the shorts will be on!) biggrin.gif. Come say hi if you see me!

Ross, have you asked your mum if you can go yet???biggrin.giftongue.gif

Well, I've been and come back well happy.

I wanted a pair of Salisbury rear axle calliper brackets for a Disc conversion. Didn't want to pay for new (if I could find them).

1st stall I visit and it has lots of new parts. Shuffling along the tables, nothing interesting, then I look up and realise that there are things hanging above my head (short arse). So I go back to start of the tables and there on a bit of wire are a pair of brand new still sticky from anti rust goo brackets £10 each.

Now I have to find something else look for to pass the time.

2 ice creams later (little girl and other half bribes)and a quick look at the ponies for the girl and we all leave happy.

The only irritation of the day was that I travelled down from Oxford so I figure I will get a slip road from the north and miss the traffic.... Nope there is no slip road on the north side an I have to go around the M4 roundabout in the snake like traffic. Doh!

What did everyone else buy? I saw a lot of Series 1 body parts going out of the grounds so either there are some new projects or people are stocking up.

Marc.

I got a set of Defender front seats for a good price, and a few dash bits for my Series III. Saw what looked like a refurbished bulkhead too but alas I couldn't fit it in the car :(

Couldn't help but chuckle at the seemingly never-ending stream of people lugging heavy parts or pushing wheels along the floor out to the 'car park'. Good stuff :)

I went looking for a pair of H/D front springs for the 110, within the first 15 mins' of getting there I'd got a pair, brand new unused..£15. Then found a pair of turret rings, again brand new..£4.

Bargain of the day though, n/s/f door for the 110, small rust damage in both bottom corners, but repairable, other than that just superficial rust...bit of a haggle..£15. A guy was selling a pair 100 yards away that were shagged for £250. Well happy.

A great day thought even more than last year, got what I wanted and then some didn't take a lot of money so didn't buy that much.........

• Rear door spare carrier
  • XLarge tie wraps
  • Bargin bucket (£1) part loom, door card clips, 12N to loom plug
  • pair of front seat belts
  • 14" Draw sliders (for the trailer)

I had a wounder around with Ian (outdoor Ian) he got what he wanted I think nice weather and far better than the 2 1/2 hour drive to staffordshire, I know there was more new stuff there but you can't beet a good rummage.....biggrin.gif

Enjoyed the Day, bumped into Forumeers on and off and bought a select of new tat :lol:

Genuine Discovery LR Parts Manual

90 rear tub new side wing

2 x fuse box holders

6 x pack of workshop rolls of paper / wipes

Kneeling foam - huge chunk

bits to fix me axle :)

and other bits too than I can't rememebr :lol:

Great day

Nige

Had a great day at my first sort out :D, glad the weather stayed good!

Got lots of bits I need:

• New Diff for the front. Thanks to Paul (AKA Moose)!! God my arms hurt after that... furthest but 1 stand from the entrance to a car parked about 10 cars from the furthest row :wacko:
  • Assorted heatshrink
  • 10t 8m Recovery strop
  • two 4.75 green pin shackles
  • box of assorted sparky connectors
  • box of assorted nuts and bolts
  • box of assorted fuses
  • two small ratchet straps
  • 4 new radius arms-axle bolts
  • Punches
  • 8 lashing eyes with bolts
  • Grease gun
  • 3/8 and 1/2 adapters for drill
  • latex gloves :ph34r:
  • Bacon roll
  • Entry ticket :P
  • 4 prop nuts and bolts
  • Go beyond sticker :ph34r:
  • 'If you can read this turn me over' sticker :ph34r:

Also had a good look at the Goodwinch stand, and the new hyro winch. Apparently there is a bolt on crankshaft driven pump set-up in testing. :D

Saw a few forumers/a load of the ShireLRC lot.

Shame not to meet more people from the forum... Probably not helped by the fact it was sunny and there were lots in shorts :lol:

What did I learn today... bring some kind of sack truck/trolly <_<

Mr Orange and I had a good day selling a few bits... as ever the bits that we thought would go, didn't and the bits we were'nt so confident about went almost immediatly! typical...

We didn't buy a lot, but I did manage to find a Gabro Guillotine/Notcher for very little money :)

As ever, i wouldn't miss it!

Saw a good number of forumeers that we new, and probably plenty that we didn't.... we were in front of a green Discovery with 'For Sale' written on the side!

Cheers

Mark

Glad I wasn't the only person buying the 6-packs of clean-up paper! I think the best thing I saw all day was the amount of oil leaking from the front-right hub on that monster Disco... not sure it would be in good shape to drive home?! :blink:

Glad I wasn't the only person buying the 6-packs of clean-up paper! I think the best thing I saw all day was the amount of oil leaking from the front-right hub on that monster Disco... not sure it would be in good shape to drive home?! :blink:

I was with some of the Shire lot when TJ spotted it :lol::rofl: what a massive POS.