Jump to content

steering bar...... whats the proper name


Recommended Posts

i need to replace the steering bar nearest the front of the disco. I thought it was the track rod tube?....... ive been given the rear tube that the damper fits too which i thought was the drag link!

Can you enlighten me before i take it back.......thanks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Its the other way around sorry. How i remember it.....The track control rod is behind the axle and is lengthened or shortened in order to control the track of the wheel. The drag link is the one that the steering box uses to "drag" the wheels around via the left had swivel. If you change the length of the the drag ling it changes the posuition of the steering wheel but not the geometry of the wheels.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Create New...

Important Information

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience. By using our website you agree to our Cookie Policy