Boot floor sound absorption mat

SPendrey

Hello,

Now the MOT people have said "no!" to the amount of rust creeping around the boot floor I'm forced to replace it. The rubber/sponge mat that covered it is also totally rust-coloured and somewhat crumbling. So, having placed it in the bin, should I get another one, in which case where do I get it? Or, should I not bother, and just go with carpet and/or one of those boot 'liners'? I noted someone used plywood?

Any thoughts appreciated! Thanks,

Scott

I noticed on Fleabay a while ago a bloke was selling 'alternative' sound proofing made out of dense foam rubber I think. He cuts them to order and says that because they are dense they don't soak up the water. There is only one problem, he has dissappeared and I have not seen the add since I enquired about it. After spending a good hour searching through old e-mails couldn't find the enquiry or the reply. If anybody else has had dealings I would be glad to know more.

Andy

You can have mine, I've just pulled the huge water retaining thing out after discovering a very large gap between the wheel arch and the boot floor.

Didnt do much to stop the road noise now I thing about it either. I'd put it down to the knackered wheel arch inner, now I know different.

post-5417-127014723713_thumb.jpg