Steel Cage replacement for Plastic Cage on RD56 ARB

Hi All,

As part of my "Destroy an Axle" effort at Hogmoor this weekend, I have now the

various component parts to make a Front axle either on the Bench, at Kam (being sniggered at)

or in the bin.

Whilst the ARB is in bits, I remember hearing about an upgrade to the Plastic cage via a steel cage

I've phoned both Ashcroft and Devon 4x4 and both don't do them ?

Anyone got any info on who does ?

nige

It was asked on the D44 forum I think... They stopped doing them as they only had a few batches made, and with that locker now having been replaced by the newer version, there wasn't much point making them. As they new style locker doesnt use the cage design.

...but it has it's own problems. The new one is very similar to the RD99 and that has well documented problems with the locking ring.

Sorry Nige,

we made a batch of 40 or 50 but they were quite fiddly and time consuming to make so when they ran out we decided not to make another batch, this and the fact the newer version doesn't use the cage.

I don't think Devon 4x4 ever made them.

Yes Will the RD128 does use the same design as the RD99 and they do have problems but you are far less likely to see these issues with the RD128 compared to the RD99 due to the much higher loads seen with the RD99.

We have just sent some RD99 rework kits out today to D&G tuning and to the US for testing, a spot of reading for you :

My link

Update :

:angry:

Mr Rafferty

I have laughed too hard and long over the above, and now fear I may have

strained myself, and hurt something inside, this then is your fault.

This now being the case it must of course result in legal action against you for

personal damages, so expect a beaks letter within the next 7 days.

I could however accept out of court settlement,.... for say, ...oh I don't

know, ....erm :rolleyes: , how about a certain ground anchor :D ?

Nige

(still laughing)

Sorry Nige,

we made a batch of 40 or 50 but they were quite fiddly and time consuming to make so when they ran out we decided not to make another batch, this and the fact the newer version doesn't use the cage.

I don't think Devon 4x4 ever made them.

Yes Will the RD128 does use the same design as the RD99 and they do have problems but you are far less likly to see these issues with the RD128 compared to the RD99 due to the much higher loads seem with the RD99.

We have just sent some RD99 rework kits out today to D&G tuning and to the US for testing, a spot of reading for you :

My link

Dave, looks very good. I was aware of the thread but I didn't know it had come back to life. I will be very interested to see how the mod gets on! :D