Nanocom Guru Needed!

SiWhite

I have a problem with the immobiliser on my TD5.

I cannot start the engine, and when connected to Nanocom I can't get it away from saying 'the ECU is immobilised'.

It does not have the original 10AS, nor the original key. The ECU says it has 'learned' the new 10AS.

I tried to get it to learn the remote 'plip' without success.

I switched off all the automatic immobiliser settings in Nanocom, but without change. The immobiliser warning light and LED still remain the same.

Will the position of the door switches and bonnet switch etc make any difference?

Is there an easy way of 'unimmobilising' the ECU? It doesn't matter if the 10AS and central locking etc don't work for now - just need the engine running as I have to move barns this week.

Replies by PM are acceptable to prevent info useful to thieves being posted.

Right, there is NOTHING I can do to make the ECU un-immobilised.

This is driving me crazy.

I have set the security features as low as they go with nanocom, and have performed the learn alarm ECU function, but the main ECU still remains immobilised.

Any help would me hugely appreciated!

Mine did this a while ago.

It just stopped recognising the fob after locking it. Unfortunately I couldnt open the door using EKA due to where it was parked. After triggering the alarm getting in through the boot :huh: , I tried for hours to reset all the security setting but without sucess.

Eventually I tried locking the car up without nanocom connected, unlocking using EKA and then starting the engine. After turning the engine off I then reconnected Nanocom and reset the security to basic levels.

It seems that any fault in the alarm system ( including the alarm triggering) locks it down. Nanocom will write new setting and they seem to be accepted when you re-read them but the ECU doesent act on them. Actually starting the engine seems to allow the communication to begin again and synchronise everything.

It drove me potty for about 4 hours chasing my tail before retried the EKA thing.

I've had no success with the EKA - not helped by the fact that I am told one EKA by the Laptop and another by the Nanocom in standalone mode :o although neither appear to work.....

It seems that you cannot change the 10AS settings with the immobiliser active, which makes sense form a security point of view.

I'm picking up a new fob this afternoon and will try and sync this with the 10AS, with the hope of un-immobilising it. Also, I don't have the exciter coil by the ignition barrel which I understand is needed for some settings to work.

Failing that, SteveG is kindly lending me his Rovacom, which hopefully will fix the problem.....

Also, I don't have the exciter coil by the ignition barrel which I understand is needed for some settings to work.

Failing that, SteveG is kindly lending me his Rovacom, which hopefully will fix the problem.....

Hi Si

I sent you a text, but just in case you didn't see it let me know if you want me to also send spare ecu, 10AS and a coil in with Rovacom??

Steve

Thanks Steve - just the Rovacom for now would be fantastic. I have a new flashable ECU coming tomorrow, bought a coil this afternoon and have access to another 10AS if I need it.

Thanks VERY much for this.....