Gauges from a Pajero

chromofoam

Awight,

I had this crazy idea of buying some gauges from somebody breaking a Mitsubishi Pajero (you know, the ones in the middle of the dash - Compass, temp etc). I wanted to either stick them on in the original housing although the colours may not match, or put them in somewhere else.

Anyone got any experience of adding extra gauges? Where could I put them? How easy is it to wire them in? Anyone got a Pajero with experience of these readouts?

I think it would add a quirky edge to the car if it was done properly. Just need to find a place to put them, and then work out how to make a custom dash enclosure and wire them in.

Thoughts welcome! (even if you think it would be totally gay)

Awight,

I had this crazy idea of buying some gauges from somebody breaking a Mitsubishi Pajero (you know, the ones in the middle of the dash - Compass, temp etc). I wanted to either stick them on in the original housing although the colours may not match, or put them in somewhere else.

Anyone got any experience of adding extra gauges? Where could I put them? How easy is it to wire them in? Anyone got a Pajero with experience of these readouts?

I think it would add a quirky edge to the car if it was done properly. Just need to find a place to put them, and then work out how to make a custom dash enclosure and wire them in.

Thoughts welcome! (even if you think it would be totally gay)

This is what I was thinking (Look carefully in the middle of the dash above the centre console!)

Dont know what's behind there or how easy it would be to fit them in. Any ideas?

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2681/4473642889_9fe3f7eeab_o.jpg