Heated seats

muppetdodger

Recently bought a 2004 Freelander Td4 Sport. Very pleased with it - had a tailgate water leak, but seem to have fixed that by adjusting the window.

When we bought it we wanted heated seats but it wasnt in this car, however, on inspection there appears to be heating elements and wires under the seats, and with a little further inspection the blank switches either side of the radio are attached to a whole load of cables which match the cables going into the seat bases. Did LR fit the heating even if it wasnt ordered and can we just get some switches and perhaps a relay and get ourselves the heated seats or is it not that easy. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.

Recently bought a 2004 Freelander Td4 Sport. Very pleased with it - had a tailgate water leak, but seem to have fixed that by adjusting the window.

When we bought it we wanted heated seats but it wasnt in this car, however, on inspection there appears to be heating elements and wires under the seats, and with a little further inspection the blank switches either side of the radio are attached to a whole load of cables which match the cables going into the seat bases. Did LR fit the heating even if it wasnt ordered and can we just get some switches and perhaps a relay and get ourselves the heated seats or is it not that easy. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.

Hi Muppetdodger

read your last, cannot help on heated seats - but i have a TD4 2003 serangeti, which also has a leak,

the tool compartment under the boot floor fills up with water! - was this your problem (i know it is a common problem on freelander's, what did you do to adjust the tailgate window ?

regards Chris

Hi Muppetdodger

read your last, cannot help on heated seats - but i have a TD4 2003 serangeti, which also has a leak,

the tool compartment under the boot floor fills up with water! - was this your problem (i know it is a common problem on freelander's, what did you do to adjust the tailgate window ?

regards Chris

Not really sure, my local mechanic did it when it was in for a service. As far as I can tell there can be several reasons for this. In my case the window was clearly not straight - the mechanic said he took the interior panel off and the window is mounted on adjusters - having adjusted it the window shut right up under the top seal which it wasnt before. Anothe problem can be the seal - have a hosepipe and run water all around r=the window - if this is the problem you will see water going down the inside of the window. Also check the bottom seal is not letting water between the bottom of the glass and the door panel.

I may be wrong but I would think that the heating elements will not be visible underneath the seats, they are more likely just under the bit you sit on. (would you put an electric blanket under the mattress on your bed?). Any wiring under the seat could be part of the pyrotechnic actuators for the seat belts.