X-Eng v Scrapion

I think that's as much of a "thumbs up" as one could get away with in a magazine, given the sensitivity of the issue. I wonder if any others will have the courage to mention it given the acreage of advertising they sell to Scrapiron

... although X-Eng has had a name check in this month's LRO. I think it was mentione in the text of another one a few months ago.

Dave's favourite improvement is the X-Eng transmission brake conversion. "It's the best £180 I've ever spent. It's easy to fit and it works brilliantly," he says.

Cheers

Blippie

i think you'll find that most off the magazines are well 'tucked-up in bed' with Scorpion... rumour has it that Scrapiron spend 10k per month on advertising... and looking at the amount they have in nearly all the comics i can quite believe it... <_<

none of the mags are going to say a word against scrapiron... :(

just look at the 'new stuff' sections of the mags, scorpion stuff in there every month, anyone new to the world of landrovers would think they were THE place to buy from....

its only when you've been around for a while you find out what they are realy like (and before anyone says anything, ive been there, experienced how rude and unpleasant Colin realy is) and i wopuldn't p**s on him if he was on fire.

FWIW. There's a fitting an X-Brake to a Defender feature coming up in next months LRW.

Kev

Perhaps I'd better buy that, it might give me the impetus to fit the X-Brake that's been sitting on my stairs and tripping me up for the last three months :unsure::)

Cheers for the positive comments above!

Didn't know LRW were doing something - At least the write-up will be genuine as they've not been asking for freebies! Just have to hope it's not poo!

Do any of you know what Colon actually looks like? There seem to be no photos of him on the web and certainly none on his own site? Having never met the bloke - just wondered who I'm talking to!

Si

Cheers for the positive comments above!

Didn't know LRW were doing something - At least the write-up will be genuine as they've not been asking for freebies! Just have to hope it's not poo!

Do any of you know what Colon actually looks like? There seem to be no photos of him on the web and certainly none on his own site? Having never met the bloke - just wondered who I'm talking to!

Si

SR-Chall-Trop-Round-5-11.jpg

Si

To, or about? :unsure:

Before we start I have bought from Scorpion AND X Eng.

I have positive experiances with BOTH. :D

Don't you think that on a public forum resorting to personal name calling is a bit sad?

Richard

Name calling?

How do you mean?

Les :)

Hi Les

Like Colon, Garry glitter. Your comment was more humerous though.

Just wanted to get my view point in.

I have stayed out of the consistant slagging off so far as I like and have used both companies.

However people feel about companies I am not sure a public forum is the place to start getting personal, although the comments had not got that bad....

....yet.

Even though I do not agree with some people on this forum with respect to some topics, I do like the fact that it is an independant place where they can be discussed. I just felt it was in danger of going too far.

Richard

btw I still think Scorpion Racing's business ethics suck!

And their customer service. But then I wasn't spending £2k+ on orange springs and bendy arms :rolleyes:

Has anyone had poor customer service from X-Eng?

But then I wasn't spending £2k+ on orange springs and bendy arms :rolleyes:

So, on a lighter note, what do you think of the colour TAZ90, that I am working on?

SmallTaz90.JPG

B) or :blink: or :rolleyes:

Richard

Sorry for the thread hijack.

Not keen on orange, it clashes with my eyes hair :unsure:

Other than that it looks good :)

Any closer pics of the wing bars, in particular the section across the front?

Oh and I'd trim that bit of wing that sticks out under the bumper :rolleyes:

Any closer pics of the wing bars, in particular the section across the front?

Oh and I'd trim that bit of wing that sticks out under the bumper :rolleyes:

Hi Mark

wings.JPG

I will be trimming the wings and fitting plasma. I still have to wire the winches up and I have a list of 27 other jobs to do.

The cage was done by Protection and Performance to my spec, but they offer the wing protectors as an option on any cage I think.

I like the way you can't really see the back axle in the origional pic due to the portals.

When its done I'll put an entry in the members vehicles.

Richard

Thanks for that.

I have some wing bars that came with my 90. They are only mounted on the front cage hoop and bumper though. So if I'm going to use them I'm looking at options for additional bracing.

Hi Mark

wings.JPG

I will be trimming the wings and fitting plasma. I still have to wire the winches up and I have a list of 27 other jobs to do.

The cage was done by Protection and Performance to my spec, but they offer the wing protectors as an option on any cage I think.

I like the way you can't really see the back axle in the origional pic due to the portals.

When its done I'll put an entry in the members vehicles.

Richard

Nice job, Richard. It looks like its getting there. What colour is it? It looks lighter than Tangiers.

That cage should protect bodywork pretty well. Out of interest, what's the target weigh?

What other plans have you got winch wise?

Oh, and most importantly, when's the first outing? :D I'm planning to have my 90 sorted and shaken down for 3 peaks but it'll be tough.....

Nice job, Richard. It looks like its getting there. What colour is it? It looks lighter than Tangiers.

That cage should protect bodywork pretty well. Out of interest, what's the target weigh?

What other plans have you got winch wise?

Oh, and most importantly, when's the first outing? :D I'm planning to have my 90 sorted and shaken down for 3 peaks but it'll be tough.....

Cheers Will,

It is a Proton colour but I'm not sure which. I asked the guy who sprays the busses to do it G4 orange, but then thought it may not be bright enough so asked for it 'a bit lighter'.

First outing will not be for a while. Just playing while I get used to it as it is set up completely different to our other 90 that we use for trialling. Plus its not finished yet.

It will not be light. With just the cage and portals is was a shade under 2 tons.

I am going to start a new thread under members vehicles instead of hijacking this one any more.

Richard