Swivel service kit

1984 LR90 with leaking LH swivel. Does not seem to be too much play and the balls are not pitted. Looking to buy swivel seal repair kit from MM4x4, Mail Order 4x4, LRSeries, etc. Which is best buy - Bearmach or Britpart? I know best buy is OEM but a) being lazy, b) can't afford it, c) SWMBO won't let me spend it!, d) hardly use the truck - not many green lanes in Lancashire :(

In the past I've changed the swivel ball, seals and bushes using a Britpart kit and suffered no further problems despite multiple dunkings. I can also recommend their one shot swivel grease, it's worth the extra expence if it's not included in the kit.

If you buy the Britpart kit (FRC2644DEFKIT from Paddocks), be aware that it does not include the lower swivel pivot gasket (FTC3647) which you will need to re-assemble it all properly.

Quite why they don't include it, I don't know - it costs 20p to buy separately. It was definitely not just missed out accidentally, it was not in either of the two kits I purchased, and it's not on the parts list for the kit.

Nick.

If you buy the Britpart kit (FRC2644DEFKIT from Paddocks), be aware that it does not include the lower swivel pivot gasket (FTC3647) which you will need to re-assemble it all properly.

Quite why they don't include it, I don't know - it costs 20p to buy separately. It was definitely not just missed out accidentally, it was not in either of the two kits I purchased, and it's not on the parts list for the kit.

Nick.

Cheers Nick! i have ordered one of their kits today so will get the gasket for when it arrives.

Cheers,

Terry.