OEM - airtex water pump for 200tdi

i have put 3 water pumps on my 300tdi in the last year 1st one i put on when the p gasket went and i thought it would be a good idea to change it,this fell apart and trashed the new belt id put on :angry: phoned up the supplier and they sent another one and a new belt free of charge five months later i noticed a puddle of water under my truck :angry: sure enough water pump leaking so took the belt off to check it and the bearings had failed so caught it before it exploded.

phoned them again and they said that they would supply me a airtex one if i payed the difference in price they would get it to me next day free of charge,

and touch wood its ok so far

so from personal experience i would go with an airtex one :D

Run it at the correct tension , with the correct amount of proper anti frezze and with a fan on it that is in balance and you are half ways home.

These are the usual probs we get with premature failure of water pumps fitted by others

Hi

I fitted a airtex water pump the other day and noticed that the impellor was made from pressed steel and the one i took off (the original) was made of cast alu.

Can anyone confirm if this is correct, or have paddocks swapped the boxes???

Cheers

i have put 3 water pumps on my 300tdi in the last year 1st one i put on when the p gasket went and i thought it would be a good idea to change it,this fell apart and trashed the new belt id put on :angry: phoned up the supplier and they sent another one and a new belt free of charge five months later i noticed a puddle of water under my truck :angry: sure enough water pump leaking so took the belt off to check it and the bearings had failed so caught it before it exploded.

phoned them again and they said that they would supply me a airtex one if i payed the difference in price they would get it to me next day free of charge,

and touch wood its ok so far

so from personal experience i would go with an airtex one :D

I had almost identical experience with 2 pattern pumps on a 300tdi. Fitted an Airtex one and (touch wood) all ok now. One of the patterns lasted <3000miles! Pulley, belt tensioner etc all confirmed ok. Airtex IS now oem for landrover on the 300tdi, I got mine from main dealer in a LR box.

I don't have it in front of me but I'm fairly certain it has Airtex logo on the casting.

• 1 month later...

I'm in need of a water pump for my 200tdi as well. Could someone be kind enough to point me in the direction of an Airtex stockist.

Thanks in advance.

Jon.