Upper Swivel Pins

I've been collecting the parts for my front axle rebuild and after a few false starts i've finally got all the bits i need to assemble the axle.

The last parts i was waiting on were a pair of swivel pins and the respective 606666 bearings, which arrived today.

I'm wondering though, are the bearings supposed to be an easy fit over the swivel pin, or is it a press fit?

I had (possibly naively) assumed the bearing would simply slide over the pin, but that doesnt seem to be the case, and it seems they would need pressed on. Given the requirement to shim the upper pins, i cant see how a pressed on bearing would work?

Any ideas?

Aye, thats what i thaught.

I've dug out the lower pins (Bearmach branded with OEM on the box) and the Bearings (Timkin) slide straight over the pin.

The upper pins are Britpart. One of them theres no way the bearing is going on, the other one it goes on a little bit (maybe 4mm) then binds.

I'll get onto the supplier and see if they can supply a different brand of pin.

Edit:

Stuck a vernier caliper over the two pins, britpart ones are clocking up at 15.90mm and the bearmach ones at 15.85mm :rolleyes: