Range Rover Classic

Jenks

Rangerover and discovery windscreens are all the same, the aperture is the same for all,

so any screen will fit

Thanks for the info i will rip out the bonded screen and buy the old style windscreen and seal

just for the record I'm saying I don't think that works

mad pete happy with your input about the inter change ability with discovery and range rover. My main concern was can i fit the old style range rover windscreen to my range rover that was fitted with a bonded screen.

Some of the info i have gained so far shows that the bonded screen only came along towards the end of it's production and that no body modification were made.

But if you feel that you are right i will wait until i get more feed back before i buy the old type screen.

I am learning all the time as this is my first range rover.

Many thanks for your help so far.

Jenks

Doesn't your insurance cover windscreen replacement ??

If it does, why not get the heated screen replaced fro free !

Neil

If the Range rover had insurance I would but I bought the vehicle in good faith in january covered in snow with the words '' the best one i have owned'' . when i got it back more holes than a tea bad so has been off the road ever since. The screen cracked with the heavy frost. Getting to the ponit NO insurance. So on my own with the repair bill.

That will teach me to jump quote from the wife.

Not wanting to question your advice, are you sure that the soft dash body shell is different.

Jenks

no body shell is pretty much the same its subtle changes like on the range rover sport the soft dash has a blacked out part of the windscreen to cover where the dash sits higher up on, reason i know is i looked at putting a soft dash/disco dash im my 86 rrc and couldnt do it

i sat mine next to a freinds soft dash

...like on the range rover sport the soft dash has a blacked...

I take it that's a typo? Soft dash and Range Rover Sport are very different beasts....

I seriously looked at fitting a soft dash to my old '93 Range Rover, but also came to the conclusion that it was a bit too big a job - doable, but the bulkhead changes were more than I fancied tackling. The electrics looked challenging too, but I had a friend who was itching to get at that bit :blink:

I'd also acquired a 300Tdi Discovery (basically the same dash, in a lower grade finish) while prevaricating over the project and realised that the older dash, for all its numerous faults, has much better ergonomics.

Ah! I get what you mean.

Actually, little things like that I wouldn't have considered an obstacle, I'd just have left it with the older windscreen, but the bulkhead has significant changes on the softdash (different brackets, coolant pipes go through in different places - that sort of thing) and the wiring is completely different.