Transfer box swap

fits on, i had to use the disco hand brake but was able to use the 90 cable on to it and has been fine for 12 months

my only problem is that with my 235/85/16 insa turbo S/T's on it's a bit hi geared for towing much

I put disco 200tdi t-box on my 200tdi defender. It is a straight swap. The only thing you`ll have to do is to move brackets for hand brake and drill two holes for it. That is all.

Or,to save stripping off the brake drum and back plate, drilling and tapping holes, you

could drill the 90 bracket to pick up on the two existing rear holes where the Disco

bracket mounts, using suitable spacers. The front holes line up.

tis all a straight swap as they're the same casings just different ratio's so to put the defender handbrake assembly onto the disco one just unbolt the disco one and replace with the defender one-no need to drill holes or any other mucking about-I've done 3 now and it really is very easy

tis all a straight swap as they're the same casings just different ratio's so to put the defender handbrake assembly onto the disco one just unbolt the disco one and replace with the defender one-no need to drill holes or any other mucking about-I've done 3 now and it really is very easy

Perhaps there are different versions of the 90 h'brake bracket? Mine had bolts on the t'case side and two others on the rear face of the box, behind the brake backplate.

The Disco t'box I have had the cast in lugs for these two bolts, but they were not drilled and tapped. So possibly not all t'box cases are identical?