M.O.T Time

Hi, mot coming up and I remember reading that a few things were changing this year courtesty of computerised mots etc. I Know my vin plate fell off a while back- guess I need to replace this? and how? Also wasn't there a problem with the log book weights meaning even my 1991 defender 90 would need a class 7 test or something of that sort? Any experiences? - runs out in 13 days. Thanks all.

Hi, mot coming up and I remember reading that a few things were changing this year courtesty of computerised mots etc. I Know my vin plate fell off a while back- guess I need to replace this? and how? Also wasn't there a problem with the log book weights meaning even my 1991 defender 90 would need a class 7 test or something of that sort? Any experiences? - runs out in 13 days. Thanks all.

My Landrover 90 (1985) went through it's MOT no problems yesterday (except the n/s/f light had fallen out of the holder!) MOT guy said nowt about any new test standards to me.

Dave

I have had my 90 stolen, the little Pr***s that stole it hand painted it red and removed the VIN plate, all you need to do is get in touch with a local LR dealer and request a VIN plate, im not sure how much they are as we moved and it took so long i got mine for free, but i am positive you need this plate for tax and mot

I have had my 90 stolen, the little Pr***s that stole it hand painted it red and removed the VIN plate, all you need to do is get in touch with a local LR dealer and request a VIN plate, im not sure how much they are as we moved and it took so long i got mine for free, but i am positive you need this plate for tax and mot

have you added the vehicles info to the stolen vehicle thread in the international forum ?

have you added the vehicles info to the stolen vehicle thread in the international forum ?

Hi Western,

no i havent added it to the stolen thread because it was recovered, do i still need to?

Cheers Paul

Hi Western,

no i havent added it to the stolen thread because it was recovered, do i still need to?

Cheers Paul

might be worth adding it & stating it was recovered, might give others a bit of hope that theirs will be found intact too.