New owner questions...........

Hi All,

I have just collected my 'new to me' defender 300tdi, and driven it 280 miles home..

I have a few simple questions.........

Are the gauges bulbs REALLY that dim.... is there something that can be done...

Is dampness inside the gauges normal....??

The heater controls are stuck solid, is it likely to be the levers, or the cables...???

The wipers have a mind of their own, they don't park, and even when on intermitant sometimes they do three wipes in a row...... is this likely to be the column switch, or the park switch on the motor itself....???

I'm sure there are a million and one other things i cold ask, but in general i'm very happy with ,my 12yr old 49k one owner truck...:)

Had disco's for 4 yrs, so i know what land rovers are like, as with all british cars they have their little ways don;t they...LOL!!!

Hi All,

I have just collected my 'new to me' defender 300tdi, and driven it 280 miles home..

I have a few simple questions.........

Are the gauges bulbs REALLY that dim.... is there something that can be done... fit some leds, do a google search for Ultraleds

Is dampness inside the gauges normal....?? it happens if the underscreen vents &/or windows are not fully shut & it's cold outside

The heater controls are stuck solid, is it likely to be the levers, or the cables...??? have a look in our tech archive index for 'Defender heater checks' thread that should get the heater working properly

The wipers have a mind of their own, they don't park, and even when on intermitant sometimes they do three wipes in a row...... is this likely to be the column switch, or the park switch on the motor itself....??? most likely the park switch part number 520160

I'm sure there are a million and one other things i cold ask, but in general i'm very happy with ,my 12yr old 49k one owner truck...:)

Had disco's for 4 yrs, so i know what land rovers are like, as with all british cars they have their little ways don;t they...LOL!!!

see my answers in this colour :D