H&R Springs or bigger Anti Roll Bars

Hi I have just become the proud owner of a 2006 HSE TD4 which I love, apart from the excessive roll and wallowing suspension, we were originally looking at a sport for this reason, but liked the luxury of the HSE.

As far as I can see there are two options, H&R springs which are 30mm lower and stiffen the suspension also lowering the centre of gravity, or beefier anti roll bars (possibly only rear). I was wondering if anyone has tried either of these and if there are any problems associated with lowering the freelander.

I also think the 17" alloys would look better in the wheelarches if it was a bit lower, does anyone have any pics?

Thanks for your help.

Simon

Never noticed any poor or uncontrolled body roll or wallowing on either of mine! What sort of ride were you expecting in a 4x4 semi-off road vehicle? What have you changed from?

Never heard of those springs and I have never seen anyone marketing a anit-roll bar kit for the Freelander.

Hi I have just become the proud owner of a 2006 HSE TD4 which I love, apart from the excessive roll and wallowing suspension, we were originally looking at a sport for this reason, but liked the luxury of the HSE.

As far as I can see there are two options, H&R springs which are 30mm lower and stiffen the suspension also lowering the centre of gravity, or beefier anti roll bars (possibly only rear). I was wondering if anyone has tried either of these and if there are any problems associated with lowering the freelander.

I also think the 17" alloys would look better in the wheelarches if it was a bit lower, does anyone have any pics?

Thanks for your help.

Simon

Surely you realised what you were buying??

These vehicles are purpose designed to ride higher than conventional cars and that's what you've now got. Stick it in any car park and see how different they are. See the picture below....

I bought ours for my wife because when I became disabled to the extent that she needed to take over most of our driving, she said she had never been happy with the Jaguar X Type 3 litre Sport Premium Estate because it is low when driven in the lanes around us and so I said 'what do you want'? She's like a dog with 3 tails now she's got the Freelander and wallowing and rolling just never enters her head.

If you want a performance vehicle, you need something else. It's as simple as that.

post-19742-127040352139_thumb.jpg

my 2000 L series goes around corners like its on rails and as far as i know on the original ten year old springs and dampers, why not put OME struts on without that lowering nonsense? i bought mine FOR that high driving position, as a lorry driver i do think its safer on several counts