LT95 behind a diesel - vac diff lock

Eightpot

Anyone know if it's ok to connect the vac pipe for the LT95 diff lock to a tee on the servo vac hose?? (diesel engine)

This seems the obvious way to do it, but I'm a bit concerned that when the diff-lock is in the normal open state, I will lose vacuum to the brake servo. I seem to have confirmed this by sucking on the end of the diff lock vac pipe (something I won't be repeating, blurgh) and there's no restriction till the diff lock lever is pulled up - it seems like an open circuit.

Is there enough surplus vacuum to keep the brake servo running, or should I fit some kind of valve on the line??

I suspect from your description that connecting it directly would simply result in the difflock being permenantly engaged...

You'll need a solenoid valve or manual valve of some sort to turn the vacuum supply to the transfer case on and off, which in turn will turn the difflock on and off.

Find yourself a scrap subaru justy and whip the vacuum electro-solenoid for the 4wd mechanism. Thats what I used to operate the vacuum locker on the nissan axles I have under the disco using a simple rocker switch for in/out. And yes I have a simple T into the brake servo pipe (There is in fact a small pipe running along the bulkhead behind the engine on a disco to somewhere behind the dash.)

cheers chaps - so I'll check the hoses for holes first, though I think they're ok and I've replaced the main one.

How easy is it to change the vac operation to manual? I'd prefer this option if it's not to much kerfuffel, but I haven't got a lot of tinker time left before we head off for Africa - I'll have a look into the vac solenoid as well, am I assuming correctly that when you throw a switch it just creates the vacuum you need to actuate whatever doodah is on the end of it?