Rollinsons Garage - Leicester

robbie1717

Hi Guys

Looking for some help with a bit of a sticky situation here.

After following up an advert from Autotrader.co.uk i ended up putting a deposit on a Defender 90 TD5, you might have seen it advertised as "2006 Landrover Denfender TD5 County", it was Bonatti Grey 65K Miles on it and priced at a too good to belive £7,250.

After i spoke to the guy he explained the reason for the cheap price was it was taken as a part exchange.

He Convinced me that he had 3 or 4 people seriously interested in and it would probably be taken that afternoon, unless i put a deposit on it he wouldnt be able to guarentee holding it for me, i understood where he was coming from and in the end i put a £1,000 deposit on it.

I was supposed to have met him on Friday (2nd April) to see it.

He didnt show to meet me and has since become totally unreachable, mobile straight to voicemail and the his "work number" (which i did speak to him on) is now dead!

Can anyone out there in the Leicester area confirm the exsistance of a Rollinsons Garage or even a Nathan Rollinson himself, perhaps might even know if he did have a Bonatti Grey 90 TD5 there?

All the info i have on him is as below:

Name - Nathan Rollinson of Rollinsons Garage.

Address - (Only have Postcode) LE2 9PG

Mobile - 07789919837

Work No - 01509890223

I have tried to trace him myself, but all i can find is his work number is based in Loughborough.

Any help or info, which helps me locate him and get my deposit back will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

I found the 'work' number 01509890223 included in an UNOFFICIAL list of BT payphones, but given the site url I'd say you need to check if the situation is still current. OTOH it gives a question to ask, perhaps by the Police to BT.

http://www.artofhacking.com/TUCOPS/PHREAK/PAYPHONE/live/aoh_list.htm

Good Luck

How did you pay? In the UK, credit cards and some debit cards carry protection. ...of course it would need to be a UK card issued subject to the UK consumer credit act.

Did you come all the way from Ascension island to buy it?

UK geographic telephone numbers are easy to get and divert direct to a disposable PAYG mobile. As suggested go to the police. They will probably do little or nothing, fraud us more difficult to detect than speeding or bus lane offences*, but at least if someone else does the chasing you might get a result.

Chris

* Sorry forum cops, I have direct experience.

Thanks for the response so far guys, really appreciate it.

Have since tracked his full Home Address & email, not sure if good idea to post it on here.

But i do have them, any ideas on how i can get a trace on his home phone number if i have his Full Address??

I got a Family Member to pay the deposit into his Bank Account, so they have his Bank Details (Acc Name, Acc No & Sort Code) & a Receipt from his Bank to prove the Transaction.

They did pay it in by Cash though.

Do you think there is still a chance of getting it back through the Bank/Police?

Can anyone out there confirm there is a Garage in the Loughborough/Leicester area?

And if so do you have an address and different phone number for it?

thanks again.

I have just searched companies house for you there is no such company registered/has been registered in the UK, I have just tried to do a search for the mobile number on our system to check what type of mobile it is but it is coming back as "not a registered number" which is normaly a PAYG mobile. the system for checking/porting PAYG numbers is down at the moment so I can't confirm that.

Sorry, if you haven't I would contact the police.

Jason.

Jason

The Voicemail says Vodafone, if that helps..........

If your system gets up and running again, and you can check that number for me it would be really great.

I have just been on Autotrader and seen the same vehicle advertised again.

I rang the guy, who can confirm a "Nathan Rollinson" was in touch with him about the vehicle, wanting him to email him info on the vehicle - which he didnt!

He can also confirm that the "Nathan" stole his pictures of his vehicle to use in the fake Ad, as he was contacted by someone to let him know of this, he contacted Autotrader and they removed the ad!

Guess i need to hand this over to the Police.

:(

Thanks for the response so far guys, really appreciate it.

Have since tracked his full Home Address & email, not sure if good idea to post it on here.

But i do have them, any ideas on how i can get a trace on his home phone number if i have his Full Address??

I got a Family Member to pay the deposit into his Bank Account, so they have his Bank Details (Acc Name, Acc No & Sort Code) & a Receipt from his Bank to prove the Transaction.

They did pay it in by Cash though.

Do you think there is still a chance of getting it back through the Bank/Police?

Can anyone out there confirm there is a Garage in the Loughborough/Leicester area?

And if so do you have an address and different phone number for it?

thanks again.

you can find a land line number via BT's online phonebook but if it's ex-directory, it won't find it.

Hi Robbie,

Im sorry to all the people I may offend when I post this (especially my other half, who is a copper) but bugger this come up to mine, and stay over, im in Mansfield (bout an hour away from that postcode) we could go and see this chap and ask him politely :ph34r: for your money, im sure he would agree it was a mistake? People like this make me so angry :angry: , seriously if you want to travel over and get a good nights kip and then we shall talk to this chap and retreive your money, I and a few mates need to go to Leicester

Paul

If you have a name and address so you can actually find the person and a record of money being paid (I assume there will be a bank reciept) then you should be able to take him to small claims court for the money.

The process is relatively cheap and simply, often the threat of court or the first papers arriving to prove you are serious will prompt some action.

Unfortunately the type of person who does this has probable seen the inside of court rooms before so may not be to worried, also you can only get money off them if they have it in the first place, yours could well have disappeared and if the person can prove they are unemployed (officially) and have no assets (all belongs to my mate honest) then getting much back maybe unlikely. Still worth a go though. Racking up convictions against some one means that if they ever do end up in a criminal court then the judge can hand down a harsher sentence.

Should go to the police as well as it seems pretty clearly a case of fraud, even if they don't take the case to court (CPS decion not police's) they fact that they investigated would help the small claims case.

I would suggest your best or only chance of an outcome here is to try and find the guy and give him a good hiding - he's probably already drank your money/spent it on sports casuals/invested it in a block of hash by now so you probably won't even get that.

The police would have a struggle to make anything out of this as all you've done is paid some money into someones bank account - ie given it to them of your own free will - many people do this accidentally when doing electronic bank transfers and miss-key the account number - and it's not possible to get the money back unless the unintended recepient is happy to volunteer it.

You have never met the guy, have no receipt, paperwork or contract from him, so how are you going to prove he was supposed to give you a car he doesn't even own? As you've never met him, you can't even identify the man to the police - even the mobile phone he used could have been nicked as well or will almost certainly be an untraceable pay as you go if he's got any sense.

Sorry to say it as I know you're already kicking yourself, but you've misplaced your trust and goodwill here and lost your dough - it could have been much worse though couldn't it, he could have met you along with a few mates and took the lot off you.

• 4 years later...

Hi Guys

Looking for some help with a bit of a sticky situation here.

After following up an advert from Autotrader.co.uk i ended up putting a deposit on a Defender 90 TD5, you might have seen it advertised as "2006 Landrover Denfender TD5 County", it was Bonatti Grey 65K Miles on it and priced at a too good to belive £7,250.

After i spoke to the guy he explained the reason for the cheap price was it was taken as a part exchange.

He Convinced me that he had 3 or 4 people seriously interested in and it would probably be taken that afternoon, unless i put a deposit on it he wouldnt be able to guarentee holding it for me, i understood where he was coming from and in the end i put a £1,000 deposit on it.

I was supposed to have met him on Friday (2nd April) to see it.

He didnt show to meet me and has since become totally unreachable, mobile straight to voicemail and the his "work number" (which i did speak to him on) is now dead!

Can anyone out there in the Leicester area confirm the exsistance of a Rollinsons Garage or even a Nathan Rollinson himself, perhaps might even know if he did have a Bonatti Grey 90 TD5 there?

All the info i have on him is as below:

Name - Nathan Rollinson of Rollinsons Garage.

Address - (Only have Postcode) LE2 9PG

Mobile - 07789919837

Work No - 01509890223

I have tried to trace him myself, but all i can find is his work number is based in Loughborough.

Any help or info, which helps me locate him and get my deposit back will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Hi everyone,

I recently hosted Nathan James Rollinson in the USA in Washington DC and he stole mine and my husbands credit cards.

He charged $8,500usd before we realized what had happened. Kevin and I are also trying to locate him and in our search we came across this where he had also defrauded someone out of 1,000pounds about 4 years ago.

There is an investigation going on in the U.S. and Nathan is being surveillanced by the State Department.

If you have any information that could be helpful in this investigation that I can give to the Detective on the case it would be really helpful.

I'm so sorry that you were victimized just like us, but apparently this is a trend for him and he is becoming quite a proficient con-man and liar.

My name is Mary Erwin Simpson and my e-mail is mary@madamchef.com

Thank you,

Mary

Assume that you have already tried Google (including image search since you know what he looks like)? You could try pipl.com for internet presence and, if he is still in the UK, 192.com or the census for an address.

There would appear to be a report of someone using the same name and also accused of fraud here. The same name (with picture) appears on a couple of dating sites and Facebook. Good luck with your search

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

All mobile phones are recorded in the UK whether they are PAYgo or contract. Four years ago after I separated from my ex I was trying to track down her new boyfriend. I didn't want scum associated with my boys so I wanted to know all about him. I managed to get his mobile number from my ex's mobile phone bill and I used a company on the internet to get me the account holders name and address. Turned out to be 100% accurate. I think as well if they do not find the details they do not charge. The fee was £150.00