Forward Facing Rear Seats?

Labradors have stuck again and I'm in need of a rear seat for the 110. The 'enemy' has decreed that this time it's to be forward facing, she objects to cornering with side ways seat. And could she have a seat belt? (bounced her off the seat, hit roof and back again with an enthusiastic ride down a farm track the other day).

Now as it's likely to get 'a bit chewed' I'm not parting with £hundreds so it's something from the breakers. And it needs to be able to fold away.

A bit of adaptation and welding is no issue but what to go for?

Anybody any suggestions? Nissan Serena?

At the risk of being controversial, Id teach your dogs not to chew, and get a seat that will protect whomever sits in it as best as you can even if it costs a couple of hundred quid.

This is not the 1950s when it was acceptable to not have belts or decent fixings, we all see what happens when cars stop suddenly (some of us more often than others). A few hundred mounds for a robust seat vs the horrific injures that are caused when unbelted or poorly fixed belts/seats are used seems to be penny pinching in the wrong area.

Im sure a decent seat cover/bag could be sought that protected the seat when folded up...

Sorry for the 'harsh' reply, been a long weekend...

At the risk of being controversial, Id teach your dogs not to chew, and get a seat that will protect whomever sits in it as best as you can even if it costs a couple of hundred quid.

This is not the 1950s when it was acceptable to not have belts or decent fixings, we all see what happens when cars stop suddenly (some of us more often than others). A few hundred mounds for a robust seat vs the horrific injures that are caused when unbelted or poorly fixed belts/seats are used seems to be penny pinching in the wrong area.

Im sure a decent seat cover/bag could be sought that protected the seat when folded up...

Sorry for the 'harsh' reply, been a long weekend...

I'll be controversial back then.

a) there's a fortune awaiting the person who can train a dog not to chew what they're not supposed to.

b) poorly fixed? Who said anything about it being poorly fixed? Have you looked at the seat fixings of 'an ordinary car'? Most likely 4 bolts into fixed nuts. All welded to a bit of 16swg (more likely 20swg) 'play doh' steel. I'm talking a proper frame with at least 4mm thick backing plates.

One of the reasons I love my Land Rover is that I can modify to my satisfaction. It'd be a poor outlook if the 'it might not be safe' brigade took over and everything had to be TUV approved. Yes a bodgit would be dangerous, but it's equally likely that a good job would exceed what's legal or economically viable for a mainstream manufacturer to make.

Phew! I'll get off my high horse now!

Hi Rich,

Its nice to talk and Im glad we can have such a forum where we can still have such polar opinons on the same thing, but at the same time be able to offer help & advice on others.biggrin.gif

Also was not in anyway making comment on your abilites.

BTW, I dont think any of my dogs ever chewed anything, and Ive got two at the moment that have been as good as gold.

try finding an early 2dr range rover front seat?

They have an integrated 3 point belt in the seat, so as long as you made some good strong mounting points with BIG spreader plates under the floor for the seat to bolt to it would be ideal i reckon.